What's new

My SVS has finally arrived... (1 Viewer)

AaronDefTech

Auditioning
Johnny was a great host and kind enough to show it off. Not to mention he has built quite the awesome little home theater. Very inspiring to me.

It was an incredibly impressive sub for $600. For its price point it is most definitely better than everything I've heard for twice as much.

I can only imagine how impressive it's larger siblings must be.

Will be a tough call between the SVS and Def Tech Supercube Reference.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Shouldn't be a close call at all between an SVS and Def Tech Supercube Reference. Get the SVS PB2+ for half the cost and get twice the preformance. If your like me you like to have things match up. Been there done that to many times and wasted my money. In this case there is those companies that know bass and those that just make bass cubes to go with their pricier systems. Sorry but just my opinion.

AaronDefTech

Auditioning
PB2+ is $1299 with shipping.

Def Tech Supercube Reference is $1500.

Not exactly a huge price difference hence my dilemma.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Don't let the ownership of Def. Technology speakers cloud your judgement. Just because I own Kef speakers doesn't mean I would buy a Kef subwoofer (which are not very good at all)

Go for the SVS- even a "cheap" PC Plus cylinder outperforms M&K THXsubs, so I dread to think what a dual Plus design has over lesser subs like the Velodyne HGS-18. :-D

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
My 2 PB2+'s finally arrived yesterday, holy hell these are huge. I used string to layout roughly how big it would be but nothing prepared me for the actual size of these things. I did a rough calibration last night but finally got to use them this morning. Sweet moses I thought I was going to have a Scanners-esque head explosion. I upgraded from a Boston PV600 so nothing really prepared me for the power of these beauties, it has really added another dimension to the HT experience. The only downside in my relatively small room is the subs take up a large space and can't be hidden too well.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Nick

Throw a tasteful piece of cloth, that matches your room, over each of them. Then place a nice table lamp on each and they'll look like "real" furniture. Size is really all in the mind. As long as you can actually get through the door to listen to them. :)

I piled up some big empty cans to make a column the size of a 16-46. When asked what I was doing by a colleague I told that it was the exact size of my new subwoofer I'd ordered.
He paused for a moment and then said: "But you've only got a VW Polo". :D:D

ChrisBee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks