What's new

My SVS driver upgrade is on the way. (1 Viewer)

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Just had to tell someone. Curious to know what the procedure is for returning the old one?
Also, how does the rebate/refund for the old driver get to the customer?
Thanks SVS and HT Forum.
Steve

Ned

Supporting Actor
What was your order number? 2605 here and no shipping info yet :

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
Mine tried to be delivered today, I just missed the truck. Go figure, I run out for half hour, come home, and as I pull up I see the sticker on the front door. Like in the movies the neighbors heard a "noooooooooooooooooooo". Well the sticker said tommorow between 10 and 2, so for that time I am not leaving, naping, nothing just waiting for my woofer!:crazy:

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine today and installed it into my 20-39PC...very subtle differences. I listened to TS2 and Monster's trailer before install, then right after. Believe it or not, but it isn't as "boomy" as before (not that it ever was, but the bass seems "cleaner" than before). I must stress that the old driver was not boomy at all, but compared to the new one it now seems so. Damn, I don't know if I am making any sense here or not. Anyway, the new driver is here and I like it...OK....OK!

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Ned, my order number is 2107.
Chris, I know your anguish. When my sub came last October, UPS couldn't find my farm location and the sub went on the wrong truck at least once taking a 100 mile trip in the wrong direction. I ended up having to pick it up at their warehouse in Calgary. This time it's going to my brother's house in a neighboring small town, more of a regular address I suppose.
Dave, glad to hear there's a difference between the two. I'm hoping for the added extension, the bottoming out on Toy Story 2 freaks me out. I did that twice, once by accident, 2nd time to confirm what I heard. Wisely turned the sub down a bit from that point on. 2db hot is enough.
Any of you returning the old driver?
Steve

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
Steve, I got it, was waiting by the door when the UPS man came today. Very nice and easy to install. I also got my tee shirt and wall plaqe, nice also. I am thinking of building a second sub with the extra woofer. Being a electrican, we have sono tubes laying around the shop, along with a truck full of tools, I am thinking of a DIY project. I was even thinking of making a wood tube for it, using birch or something stacked up to the height, then taking some oak, cherry, or some hardwood venier and making me a version of the SS subs.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks