What's new

My son has died, need some Zoolander references for the eulogy (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
My dear boy Tim, 15, was hit by a car and died on Monday night. I know that many of my forum buddies will stop in and offer condolences and prayers and that is wonderful. All support is welcome.

But, I need something else. There was one movie we saw this year that cracked Tim up so very much: Zoolander. He also had a great love of dark humor. So, I want to start my eulogy with some Zoolander yagoogly humor. Can somebody who owns the movie, or at least a Zoolander fan, please remind me how his model buddies died? Also, a transcript of the conversation where he tells ??Who?? that he knows what a yagoogly is would be helpful.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. If I don't respond to them immediately, please know that I am reading them and cherishing them. I just have so much to do in the days ahead, giving a subdued, but, hopefully joyous Christmas to my wife and remaining son, and planning Tim's service.

Thanks again,

Hugh

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Very sad to hear about your loss.

His model buddies died in a "freak gasoline fight accident"

Rufus, Brint, and Meekus were like brothers to me. And when I say brother, I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful I think.

If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.

Oh, I thought you were going to tell me what a bad eugoogalizor I am.
What?
A eugoogalizor, one who speaks at funerals. Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

He is telling Matilda that he knows what a eugoogoly is.

His friends died when they went to go get orange mocha frapacinnos and stopped to get gas. They got into a gasoline fight with the pumps and then one of his model buddies lights a cigarette and blows em all up.

Hope that helps.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hugh, I'm terribly sorry to hear about this tragedy. You offered help to me in a time of need, and the least I can do is offer my condolences. Really, Hugh, take care.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Sad news, Hugh. My condolences are with you and your family.

Chris covered it all, and it is a very funny scene. I find humour is always welcome at a funeral.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
My condolences as well. My mother died 13 years ago, and while that's the opposite side of the situation, I can only wonder how painful this is for you. Here's hoping that the rest of the holiday goes well.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'm very sorry for your loss, Hugh. I don't know how you're going to make it through the holidays, but I hope that you do.

-Brian

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
You indeed have my sympathies, as even the thought of losing a child is too much for me to bear, even though I have no children.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
You'll be in my thoughts this christmas season...and beyond. As a father I could not imagine the hurt you're feeling at the moment.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Hugh, being only 16 years old, I may not have a grasp on life yet, but I certainly have much sympathy, and really really hope you do your best to make it through this holiday season. I certainly will offer a prayer for you and your family tonight.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

My son (age 13) was hit by a hit and run driver last Christmas Eve when crossing the road in front of our house. Thankfully, his only injury was a broken leg, and he has now recovered fully.

In honor of Tim, I suggest we all take every effort we can to make sure all of those around us drive safely over the holidays.

Again, my deepest sympathies.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Hugh,

my condolences to you and your family. That is a terrible loss...

My mom, who passed away almost two years ago, had a saying that she lived by, and it has helped me. Perhaps it may help others, too.

It is entitled "Beautiful Days", and loosely translated it goes:

"Not to cry
that they have passed,
but to smile
that they were."

Take care. We will keep you in our prayers.

Mike

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I am deeply deeply sorry. I just don't know what to type.

Always remember he is one of God's special angels, and he'll be protecting you. You'll be united again one day.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Hugh,

I can’t even imagine the loss that you must be feeling for your son. Nothing is worse then out living your own children and I would have a hard time losing one of my two boys. My family sends our deepest, heartfelt, condolences on your loss.

KyleS

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Hugh,

my condolences as well. I have no words but to offer some of others'

Khalil Gibran on Death (from The Prophet)
Quote:

You would know the secret of death.

But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?

The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.

If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.

For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;

And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.

Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.

Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.

Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?

Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?

And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.

And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Oh Hugh!

There are no words adequate to describe how deep my sympathies are.

You have my greatest hope and today I and my family shall offer a special Christmas prayer for your son, your family, and his friends.

There is an excellent group,
The Compassionate Friends. There you will find some wonderful, gracious people who can help you because they've been through it themselves.

You may hear a lot of comments that will come-off as insensitive or inadequate from people attempting to console you. Unless they've been there they won't be able to connect with how you feel though they're trying. As difficult as it may be, and inadequate as their sympathies may sound, try to remember they're doing what they can to empathize.

One site that may offer some solace is Lamenting Sons: Fathers and Grief. I hope it helps.

I am so sorry for your loss.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
My condolences as well. Thats just so terrible. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hugh -

i also am sorry for your loss. my wishes are with you, tim and the rest of your family.

here is a link to the official zoolander website - perhaps you'll find some useful information there.

during the gas station incident, i believe they were playing "wake me up before you go-go" by Wham? maybe you could incorporate that song into your eulogy. it would certainly befit that particulare scene.

again, my deepest condolensces to you and your family.

ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks