What's new

My sealed, *brand-new* copy of Swingers CE has a troublesome scratch. What can I do? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I bought it from DVDEmpire. The scratch causes pixelisation, break-up and the player to stop momentarily at around 35 minutes. The scratch was definitely not caused by me. I took it out of the packet and put it straight into the player. How the hell did a damages disc get packaged and sent out?

I've sent DVDEmpire an email. What are my chances that they'll exchange the disc?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
It's possible they may offer a return, I've known some retailers to do it (not at my request personally, but I know others who have had luck under the same kind of circumstances)...

If you're requesting a straight exchange for another copy then you may have more of a chance, and they may simply request you return your current copy + invoice before they send you a replacement.

Good luck,

Dan

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
I took it out of the packet and put it straight into the player. How the hell did a damages disc get packaged and sent out?
I guess it just happens. :frowning:
2 weeks ago I received the German Amadeus SE and the bonus disc was scratched. Today I got the German One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest SE, and the movie disc was scratched in the same way (a one-square-inch big field of little scratches, all going in the same direction).
In both cases the scratches were there from the beginning because when I get a new DVD I take it out of the case and immediatly check the playing surface.
I only could see them making a fuss if you wanted your money back because it would look too much like you ripping the DVD, then scratching it and sending it back.
Bottom line, they have to send you another copy and I don't think they'll make a fuss about that. The product is damaged after all, simple as that.
Chris

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Well, they sent me a replacement disc. Thanks for the repsonses guys! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks