What's new

My Quest For A pre/pro and Amp (1 Viewer)

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
im not to fond of the whole 7 channel amp thing goin on anyway i was hoping for a 3 channel amp for the fronts and 2 channel for the rears cause even the pre/pro is 6.1 discrete im not interested enough to put a speaker there cause i cant tell the difference so why bother yah know.

ChiD

Auditioning
NAD? Someone mentioned NAD?
I've just got a NAD T163 7.1 a/v preamp a few days ago for
$1350. Still tinkering with it but great stuff coming out
of it so far.

RickLe

Stunt Coordinator
Allen you may wish to take a look at Sherbourn. They make a killer amp in the 7/2100 or the 5/5210 (upgradable to the 7/2100 by adding two more blocks) and a very nice pre/pro in the PT-7000. The 7000 isn't THX certified but it carries most other suites and Cirrus Logic which adds enhancement to your surround sound experience. The 7000 is regarded as a close cousin to the Outlaw but with beefier innards and a heck of a better look. Also mentioned here were the B&K Reference 50. In your price range I'd say the Outlaw, Sherbourn, B&K 50, Rotel or maybe a used Lexicon would fit the bill. Of course the B&K would be the only one besides an upgraded Lexicon that would carry THX for you. NAD, Sherwood have also put some new babies on the block but I think anything in new Lexicon, Krell etc category may overkill your budget.

Hope this helps a little.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
why do recievers have video ins/outs or whatever, i was thinkin about it and i cant figure out what there used for?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks