What's new

My parents finally got a new TV (1 Viewer)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
You have no idea how big this is. The TV they've been using (a 20" MGA TV) is 25 years old. It is the only thing that survived a huge fire in their apartment about 15 years ago, and my dad also was able to fix it after it got blown out from our house getting struck by lightning (about 5 years ago).

Needless to say, the picture wasn't all that great. But then, I came home over the weekend and saw this in the living room:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1&type=product

They used a 10% off coupon on this and got a free home theater system (just a small $125 package). I guess those two good deals were what finally put them over the top to get a new TV. It was nothing short of eye-popping and mouth-dropping when I saw it.

In any event, I just felt like sharing this story, especially considering the amazing history with the old (but almost immortal) TV.

--Mark--

Brad E

Second Unit
That's a funny story, that old tv is indestructible.
I hope they don't expect the new lcd to last even half that long.

Maybe you could get your parents to talk to my dad. He has a 19" that's about 15 years old. Everything is tinged red and no amount of tweaking can fix it. I shake my head every time I go over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks