What's new

My Own Worst Enemy - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
So either Edward hired the least competent assassin in the entire world, or the point of that exercise was just to teach Henry a lesson or two about "survival mode." Because unless that kid was a graduate of the "Imperial Stormtrooper School of Marksmanship", there's no way he misses that target in that setting that many times.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I'm betting Henry's gun was loaded with blanks and Edward just wanted to find out a) if Henry could escape and b) if he'd shoot it. Another mystery we'll never get the answer to.

Regards,

Joe

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Hah, I thought the same thing that the guns had to be loaded with blanks, until Henry shot the lock off the door. Then I groaned, and thought "youv'e got to be kidding me!"

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. :frowning:

Damn. I hate letting facts get in the way of a good theory! :D

I still say the assassin was fake. Edward must have just known that Henry would never shoot at the guy. (Or maybe he was wearing a vest?) As it was Henry was damned lucky he wasn't hit by a ricochet. When he was running through the engine room, pinned between a wall and equipment, hardly able to move left or right he was basically a stationary target from the shooter's POV. He was moving away in a straight line and only gradually getting "smaller" as the distance increased. At that distance there is no way even a moderately good pistol shot fires that many rounds and never once hits the target. The place practically was a target range. All that was missing were the circles and numbers on Henry's back.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed this show and am going to miss it now that it is done. Sadly I think this show would have just gotten better if given a full season.

One a side note, Madchen Amick was just smoking hot the last two episodes?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, most people do get better with practice. Still, there's also a very real possibility that this show might have just kept getting dumber, exposing more and more holes to its central premise and continually running in circles because there's not a whole lot of changes that can be made to the show's status quo.

paul_austin

Second Unit
it's a shame its been cancelled, I did feel that the 'split' happened pretty quick in the show. It might have been better to slowly work into a premise like lost (have a bunch of episode just showing him as a superspy/husband working as intended). Who knows maybe if it had a big 2 hour premier it could have hooked more people and taken its time working towards the 'split'...i guess it's all moot now. I did enjoy the show....I enjoyed 'journeyman' too....so my personal batting average with picking shows is pretty bad as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks