What's new

My Outlaw 950 has been ORDERED!! (1 Viewer)

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
I heard the same thing from a drunk laying in the gutter near Wal-Mart; so it must be true..
Those Wal-Mart gutter-drunks are certainly in the know, aren't they?... ;)
As for the shipping date, Brian A made a good point a few posts back -- Monday is technically next month, and the order confirmation e-mail said that they were hoping to get the units in this week. It makes sense that they won't be able to ship any earlier than next week some time. I've been assuming (based on no actual facts) that I won't see my 950 any earlier than late next week.

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Will,

I got my information from Jamen Towle of Outlaw. This has been confirm in writing in email and also over the phone when she was processing my order today. So everything is all set. My credit card is confirmed and shipping address verified. Now is just a matter of waiting for the 950 to arrive and then Outlaw would send it to me. And according to Jamen that won't happen until probably next week because they are not expecting the 950 until the end of this week.

Since I am already one of the lucky few who will be getting one of the 950 from the first batch as soon as it's available I guess I should be grateful that the wait is finally at an end. But you know what? I am not. Why, because I was really hoping to get the 950 at the end of this week and have it hook up this weekend. So does this make me "a drunk laying in the gutter near Wal-Mart"? Or better yet, does this make Jamen from Outlaw the drunk? I can take a joke as well as anyone but I am sick and tired of waiting and therefore I am not going to take any crap from anyone. Not you John and I am especially disappointed at Gonk for taking that cheap shot. And I also want to thank Will for being objective and just asking for verification of my source and not taking the opportunity to blindly bash Outlaw or rushing to defend them.

MY

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
i would be anxious to wait for my 950 but my center speaker (bohlender 220) and my amp (rotel 1095) are finally here :) these two beasts are heavy. i bet my speakers will sing with the 950 and the rotel amp :)

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
Michael

The point of my post was to say that I found the projection of the first of next month (which would be next week) to be accurate based on the information available to those of us who have placed our orders -- the confirmation e-mail specifically said that the first units were expected at the end of this week, which to me meant that they wouldn't ship until next week. (quote: "Please note that it will take us a few days to process the paperwork for your order while we wait for the first shipment of Model 950s to arrive in the US late this week") I did not ask for verification of your source because (1) I felt pretty certain that it had come from an Outlaw and (2) it only confirmed the other evidence available.

I am especially disappointed at Gonk for taking that cheap shot.
I beg to differ on this one. I am many things, perhaps most notably sarcastic, as my off-the-cuff comment about John's Wal-Mart quip proves. I am also and have long been supportive of Outlaw's efforts to produce quality equipment at a good price.

I realize that you are impatient for your 950 -- a lot of us around here are. And perhaps this reply is a bit stronger than it should be, but I've been supportive of Outlaw and their quality products for a long while now because I have greatly enjoyed my own Outlaw equipment and have appreciated the value and support they have provided me. I guess the combination of trying to patiently wait for my own 950 and being accused of taking a "cheap shot" hit a nerve...

John Cain

Second Unit
Did you see that big Grin above my name?

That means I was joking, I had absolutely no intention of offending or hurting anyone's feelings. That was why I picked something so absurd that nobody would think for a second that I was serious, and I also inserted the big grin to underscore that.

I apologize if anyone was offended. I have been waiting patiently on this pre-pro as long as anyone else around here, and I am as anxious as anyone else to see it ship.

When it arrives I will be excited, until then I'll just continue to patiently wait. Life will proceed forward either way, and I'll be thankful for each and every day.

No offense intended, just joking around,

-- John

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
I had a similar experience as Michael yesterday in communicating with Outlaw. I can appreciate the frustration, I know I was pretty disappointed.

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Just to keep things on friendly terms I want to thank John and Gonk for taking the time to reply to my rambling from last night. My frustration with waiting for the 950 has gotten the better of me and I apologize for it. And the wait continues...

David Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently OUTLAW has lost my original confirmation I placed using our (at the time) @home email address (which is now defunct). I reserved another under our new email address and attempted to contact them regarding the issue in case they sent out the reservation confirmation to the old email address. Basically, a better luck next time, something about updating something on their end and we do have your current email address and reservation was their response. Well looks like back in the lottery pick I go. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks