What's new

My new theater...The Escape (pics) (1 Viewer)

Gary_R

Agent
Greg,
Is the "carpet insert" with the film reel logo an overlay in the carpet or is it part of the carpet?

Gary

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome theater, I'm just about to start on mine and yours has driven my enthusiasm through the roof ! Congratulations !:emoji_thumbsup:

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
How much better did the Dazian Celtic cloth do? How much more was it, and where did you get it from?

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
Incredible theater. I know the hard work that went into it - we have very similar styles.
Congratulations !

greg jones

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry I haven't been in here in a while. Let me first give thanks to everyone who's commented on the theater. Now, I'll answer some of the questions.

Gary R, the insert is actually a separate inlay that I made from scratch. It was originally a Microsoft Publisher clipart file that I plotted off at full scale. I then cut carpet pieces out and then taped the backside to keep everything together. The gray floor carpet is cut around the inlay to eliminate the differing thicknesses.

Lamarcus, the Dazian fabric is incredible. I originally used an 80x46 blackout cloth screen that worked great. When I decided to build the room, I wanted to place the front speakers behind the screen. I had seen the Dazian cloth mentioned several times over at the AVS Forum and noticed that it was acoustically transparent. I was able to build a 94x52 screen for less than $80 total, including lumber. The fabric was obtained directly from Dazian. Here is a link for the 80" wide Coated Celtic cloth, which I used. They also offer the fabric in 122" widths. The Celtic cloth is a dramatic difference compared to the blackout material, even with a larger screen. Plus you have the added bonus of being able to place your front stage behind the screen.

Neil, the projector is actually a Panasonic AE100. I'm hoping to upgrade to an AE300 or even the AE500 soon. I've been really happy thus far with the performance of the projector.

Thanks again to everyone for the positive comments. As I said a few posts earlier, I've wanted to build my own theater for quite a while and it feels great to finally be able to get some of those ideas out of my head and make them a reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks