My new Pioneer Elite SC-05 review

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dave Moritz, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    [​IMG]
    My Pioneer Elite SC05 7.1 Receiver
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So far everything is great with my SC05. The only thing I am not crazy about is playing MP3's through it! I could hook up a Ethernet cable to stream music from my pc but I am debating if I am going to do this or not?

2. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I picked up the Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 12" Powered Subwoofer for $249 new

3. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    Has anyone had issues playing music off a usb flash drive on the SC-05? I have played music on 3-4 different occasions and now after I deleted music from the drive and placed different music on it. I can not get the music to play doing the same thing I have done before. I do not even see USB selection that I can swear I saw before, this is slightly frustrating! Is it possible I deleted a necessary file on the usb drive even though only music was highlighted and deleted?

4. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    Problem solved about 4 days after I posted. Funny how simple it was, basically formating the flash drive did the trick. :rolleyes:

5. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    So far I am very happy with my Pioneer Elite SC-05 receiver and am looking forward to upgrading my center channel and rear channel speakers in the near future. Both music and movies sound great and it is just a shame that high resolution music never took off and that the average consumer has trapped us into freakin MP'3s for now!

6. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Glad to hear you're happy with the 05 Dave. I went to the california Audio Show in S.S.F. a few weeks ago and stumbled accross Burwell and Sons speakers. They had one of the best sounding speakers I heard while I was there. Paterned after the old AR horn speakers like the ones you have they were pretty remarkable. The Horns were hand-made from Walnut. http://www.burwellspeakers.com/#!products Maybe they can be of some help with your center channel. Probably mucho $$$ though.
    Last Saturday I sold my set of Revel Concerto's and the guy who bought them used music off his phone to audition them. I never heard such nice speakers sound so bad. If he had let me play some of my DVD-Audio discs I probably could have charged more for the speakers because they would have sounded so much better. Oh well.