What's new

My New HT! (1 Viewer)

Dino M.

Auditioning
Right now, the projector is about 20.5' from the 92"x52" screen. This is really at the boundary of the range. I may be able to go a little further back and still maintain that screen size (maybe another 6" or so).

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping for a behind the back wall installation like you have, but that may not work.

I was reading a review of this projector on line and came across this comment.
"We ended up preferring to run the HS10 with Cinema Black on, the Cinema Filter in place, and the color temperature on Middle."

Was wondering on what the setup is that you are using.

They noted in the review that the use of the Cinema filter cut down the light output by half. But they also said you couldn't use the filter with either of the extended or short throw lens. The reviewer was however very impressed with this projectors performance.

steve

Dino M.

Auditioning
I am using a CC40R filter on my HS10. It's an Optiflex filter purchased from enhancedht.com. I had my dad make a custom holder for the 4"x4" filter that mounts to the front of the projector mount.

It's true that the supplied cinema filter does not fit on the optional lens, but the CC40R filter is much better for increasing contrast ratio and allowing for a very flat grey scale around 6500K. I used SMART III to calibrate my grey scale.

-D

Clay M

Agent
Beautiful! One question. Do you just have the sconces and the 2 recessed lights near the screen, or are there more recessed lights in the ceiling. I'm trying to get an idea of how I want to do my lighting and your looks great. Your HT is also almost the same size as mine will be when finished (20x13x8 plus 3' for the equipment room).

Charles

Agent
she's a beauty!!! How wide do you think the room needs to be to comfortably fit 4 of those chairs across? Also, how do you like those chairs and how much were they if you don't mind my asking? (I am looking at that and another Berkline model. Lastly, is the height of the chairs a problem for those in back row?

Dino M.

Auditioning
Clay, I also have six can lights in the ceiling that you can't see in the photos. Without them, the room would be way too dark for watching sports (back two rows of lights on low, screen lights and first row of lights off), and also cleaning the room, etc.

Charles, I would guess about 15-16' wide to fit four of the 099 chairs (depends on whether you want to have an isle on both sides, or just one side like mine). I think I paid about $700 a piece for the chairs. They are leather match in the highest grade leather with power recline on each. The leather match is great - it's hard to tell where the leather ends and the vinyl begins. Everyone that's seen and sat in the chairs absolutely loves them.

The height of the chairs isn't a problem, except for very short folks (about 5' tall) in the back row. My riser is 12" tall and is just right to maintain proper sight lines from the back.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Dino

Greg Welch

Auditioning
Dino,

Looks incredible! You seem to have really created an amazing theater in your space. Seating is amazing with the room. What are the dimensions on your screen?

Necely done! Just in time for all of the amazing movies coming out on DVD!

Greg.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
I can't get over how cool this theater looks. I have the images saved on my site as inspiration. It's just awesome.

Are there any more pictures? Can we get some screenshots? Maybe some more details about your experience?

JimMAC

Agent
Ah, I now understand what true love is.

Still looking at bare walls & can't find a contractor that has a clue. But, 2 years does not sound so bad after seeing that room. I needed that inspiration, to continue on my quest.
Thanks,
Mac

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Love the room and the chairs also. What is in the room where the projector is mounted? Did you frame off a small portion just dedicated to that?

Matt Hobbes

Agent
that is sweet! I just posted my theater a couple of days ago, but yours is pretty much exactly what I want (dream?) eventually! I really like those chairs and the in-wall rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks