What's new

My new HT pics (1 Viewer)

Tod Gettys

Auditioning
Hi all. I just posted a very basic page complete with sorry pictures of my new home theater setup. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Thanks! Link Removed
------------------

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Looks good. Nice Setup.
icon14.gif

Jon

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
It will wreak havoc with your existing cabling, but what about getting the rack well away from the left speaker so its presence doesn't color the sound of the left main? I think I'd also play with pulling the left and front speaks further forward to see if frequency response can be smoothed further. Rough rules would have you try them 1/9, 1/7, 1/5 of the way into the room. The center is stuck at its location but you can compensate for the unequal distance using the speaker delays of the receiver. No guarantees of better sound come with this, but speaker position has a bigger effect than almost everything else in your sound chain.
If you have the ability to use a pink noise generator and a FFT display on your computer, it is very interesting to watch the FFT on screen as you move a speaker just a few inches. You can see nasty peaks come and go with just seemingly little moves.
------------------
Guy Kuo
Link Removed
Ovation Software, the Home of AVIA DVD

Stefan A

Second Unit
Tod,
Looks real nice. Your setup looks like it could be my setups brother or something. Very similar looking.
Stefan Antwarg
members.home.net/santwarg/ht/ht

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks