What's new

My new Flexy (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Finally got the DVD cabinet off the wall and moved all the DVDs to the closet. Ditched the A/V cabinet and make-shift TV stand. Just about finished up the new Flexy below. Little more touch up still to do.
Flexy480.jpg

Flexy680.jpg

Equipment is tough to see.
Top Right: Marantz SR5000
Bottome Right: Monster HTS 2500
Top Left: JVC-S60/Sony VCR
Bottom Left: Wilson and a Cigar humidifier
I have 6 legs, all are 3/4" all-thread and I used 3/4" MDF for the shelves.
Peace Out~:D
Next, update the Green Room Website.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Very nice Ron. :emoji_thumbsup: Nice finish on the wood. Looks like it should have no problem with that rptv.
I also like Wilson. Nice touch. :D
Jon

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Looks good! Did your paint the all-thread or is that a covering over the threads in between the shelves?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks guys.
Jeff, I used that split-tubing plastic stuff used to bundle wires together. Works great.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Nice work Ron, how much do those ready rod shelves hold any ways?? must be alot if you have that tv on top.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice Ron, especially the humidor on the bottom. I have my new stand almost completed, just have to sand, stain, and finish coat. I took a woodworking class at the local high school sponsored by community college. Best $64.00 bucks I've spent. For all of you DIYers who don't have that many tools try taking a class. The access to the tools and the instructors knowledge is well worth the fee you will spend.
But since I have my own miter saw, table router and drill press as soon as we get our house I'm building a shop in the garage. I can't stop building :D :D
I'll post some pics of my new rack soon.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Cam, I know it is well over 1,000 lbs. Not sure of the exact number, but no need to worry. The MDF would give way before the all-thread did. With the six legs, it's safe. I've got around 275 lbs total on her now. Spread that out over the six and the average weight per leg is under 46 lbs.
Can't wait to see the pics Mark. I'd love to have a wood shop, but with only a two car garage and two cars, I have no room. I did build a free standing tool shed out back (7'x12') which is decent size, but I need a bigger one.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Nice work Ron. Very similar to my double-wide flexy TV stand (but its woodgrain instead of black). Took mine apart this week and added another coat of stain plus 3 coats of Polyurethane (sp?). That poly stuff really makes a difference - slick, shiny and durable.

Lee Weiss

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice Ron,

Is the 3/4" all-thread something you can pick up at Home Depot?

After seeing a couple of these designs, I was thinking of a wall-mount (two-shelf system) with support wires as a design because I have no room on either side of my system for a stereo rack, but I like this. Simple, affordable, effective and stylish.

Don't anyone take a woodworking course without warning. I took two, and own a table saw, thickness planer, jointer and some other stuff with a small 8' x 10' shed.

Joel Grice

Grip
I got my all-thread at www.barnhillbolt.com. Mine was $5.42 for a 48" length of 3/4" all-thread.
Ron, what kind of finish is that (hard to tell). I'm having difficulty deciding what to do with mine. 've thought about veneer. Or maybe just finishing the MDF. Trouble is, I don't know what will look good on the bare MDF.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Joel

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Ron, what kind of finish is that
All I used was flat black paint. Several coats with sanding in between. I had planned on adding a coat of varnish to make it more durable, but I kinda like the flat look. Everything in the Green Room that is black is flat, I like it that way and may just leave the flexy alone.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
My wife bought a box of Ashtons for me a couple weeks ago. I've been in cigar heaven ever since. One of my favorite smokes!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks