What's new

My Name Jose Jimenez! (1 Viewer)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Doing some searching and I noticed that a small company has released a 6 episode DVD of the Bill Dana Show. This is a very rare show from the early 60s. The only reruns of this show in the US were on CBN in the late 80s, although in true CBN fashion they were cut to 22 minutes, sometimes more. While the price seems to be steep for 2006 (think Columbia House), it is a tough show to find in complete, uncut form.

Here's the link:

http://www.billdanaondvd.com/

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I actually picked up a three episode VHS tape of "The Bill Dana Show" at a dollar store a couple of years ago. It was licensed (can't remember from what company), but released on the Madacy label at SLP speed. Apparently, there were other volumes released, but I've yet to find any. The Corinth films release certainly looks interesting, but $23.95 for six episodes??? Paging S'more Entertainment.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Don Adams was great in that show as Bryon Glick, the hotel detective. :D The late Jonathan Harris was in it too, playing the stuffy owner. Gary Crosby pretty much got his start as an actor there, playing the bellhop who works with the befuddled Jose.

But it was on The Tonight Show when Jewish comedian Bill Dana first played his Mexican Jose Jimenez character.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Pretty cool. I remember this show from CBN, and although it was never one of my faves from that lineup, it was definitely pleasant enough. Now, if remastered DVDs of some of the rest of the CBN lineup, such as The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis, The Jack Benny Show, The George Burns & Gracie Allen Show, The Bob Cummings Show, and I Married Joan, then we'd be talkin'...

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
There were at least 9 VHS volumes released in the 90's. I picked them up in a clearance bin for a buck a piece. They are EP speed.

I'd love to get these on DVD.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Nice. Although the SLP mode makes the quality bad, how many episodes did they release? There were 42 made. Also, are they complete? Should be about 25:30 run time.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I did a search over at Amazon and they're showing 10 volumes, so that would be 30 episodes. I would have to go back to my tape to see if the episodes were uncut, though to the best of my recollection, I don't believe that there were any cuts made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks