What's new

My Name is Earl (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
It is quirky, light and fun.

Jason Lee is an underrated actor. He is good in everything he is in (even if the material given isn't that good).

I actually felt "good" after watching the show. It should be here to stay for a long time.

It has some competition, but I hope they give it a chance.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I just checked out the pilot, and what a refreshing show. I loved it & will watch every week. They release DVDs, I'll buy those too. Great show. I also loved the line

"I understand now that running probably wasn't necessary."

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Loved it! :laugh:

Jason Lee can do no wrong in my book, even when he's in films that are less than stellar he elevates them to being better films.

I just find it incredibly funny that he's based his new way of life off of something Carson Daly said, I mean it's Carson freaking Daly for crying out loud! :laugh:

I'm so in for this each week! :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW, Earl is both my dad's and my brother's name. ;)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
My favorite line was, "Uh Earl...I think you are trying to sell a cat to man that fancies dogs." And when they played "It Takes Two" at the gay bar and Randy says, "Oh No he didn't...he didn't just go old school." Funny stuff.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I love this show after one Episode. One thing I thought about once the show was over was that Jamie Pressley is seriously type cast. But, she's good playing that role.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched it, and I was proven wrong... this was a great show! As long as they can stay away from becoming too sappy (it was pretty close there in the bar at the end), I'll stay with it.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm still enjoying this show. I said this before but I could not imagine anyone other than Jason Lee playing this part and getting the same affect.

Tonight's episode was good, with Earl wanting to avoid Donny, then thinking it will be easy only to have things complicated again. I also enjoyed the subplot of Joy trying to kill him.

Earl: "I made a new will joy, so go ahead and kill me, there's no money in it."

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
"Say 'Luke, I am your father'." :laugh:

That smoking song was hilarious, too when the mother was wailing on poor Earl.

And what the hell is wrong with me!? It took me two whole episodes before I mentioned the hotness that is Nadine Velazquez! :eek:

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Was Donny the same guy from Prison Break, the cellmate who never sleeps? Right before Jason Lee says it, I said "Dang that guy has the crazy eyes". LOL

Another funny episode.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Earl: What would Jesus do?
Donny: *looks under shirt to Jesus tatoo* [whisper]What would you do?[/whisper]

Earl: Randy, I said those cookies are poison.
Randy: ...How poison.

Awesome show.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I loved when he took the change jar and spilled it out on the counter when buying gum and said count that up and see if I have any change coming.

Some of the smoking bits were great(Im a ex smoker)"Ill quit when Im done with this pack, I dont want to be wasteful" - I must have said that 50 times.

Ethan Suplee lost alot of weight.

I missed some of the pilot(lost track of time). Can someone remind how he got back the lotto ticket?

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
While working on the first item in his list--his first "good deed"--cleaning up around the motel parking lot, the ticket blew back to him, and he claimed the $100,000...

Karma, sometimes it works I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks