What's new

My Name is Earl (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Wow, is this show an intentional homage to Raising Arizona or what? It has the same goofy vibe & charm.

I really enjoyed it. I laughed hardest at the flashback to Randy's kitty shaving days and Earl & Randy fleeing the house after discovering a 'homosexual-american.' :emoji_thumbsup:

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. Yeah, he has lost a lot of weight. He looked like he was easily 375 in the Butterfly Effect and now he looks like he isn't a pound over 250.

Earl, this show was hilarious.I loved everything about it. The hot chamber maid, the daytime hooker, the hillbilly ex-wife, the brother...everything was awesome.

Cop: You can't park here
Kenny: I'm Straight!

:laugh:

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
They will be re-airing the pilot and next week's episode back to back on Saturday 10/1.

My favorite line from the pilot: "I understand now that running probably wasn't necessary"

Regards,

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
"Pantsed a party clown"? How is that a sin?

I almost spit my drink out at the Bruce Willis item, as I did it to my brother during the movie. :D

The more I read these posts, the more I realized I liked the show. Hopefully it will stick around longer than Arrested Development will.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I thought the show had the quickiness of Arrested Development, but not as well written, IMO. I enjoyed the pilot enough to watch it again.

"I didn't know you were a Carson Daley fan."

RafaelB

Second Unit
I thought it was okay- good enough to give it one more chance next week. As someone posted previously, there are way too many Wonderfalls (a show which I *loved*) similarities, except this one's a little less sentimental and I'm not sure of that's a good thing or bad thing.

In Wonderfalls at least you care about Jaye even though she's relentlessly selfish and unmotoivated and it was good to watch her grow over the course of the series. I don't get any of that from Earl, but I'm willing to see where this leads.

Rafael.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I watched this last night and I really liked it. Best comedy I have seen this Fall Season and I would say it was a cut above the usual Situation comedy.
I immediately cancelled my season pass for Supernatural and put this in it's place.
So is he going to be crossing someone off his list each week?

StephenA

Screenwriter
I liked the show as well. I'll definitely be giving the show more of a chance.

I was surprised myself on how good Ethan Suplee looks. I didn't recognize him for a second.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I thought that, all and all, it was a pretty darn funny show and I have to say that I will tune in next week.
< two thumbs up >

Gregory Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
According to the publicity, after some episodes he'll end up having to add new items to the list. I thought the show holds a lot of potential, I'll certainly watch it for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks