What's new

My Name Is Earl season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

She was on Leno a few weeks ago and said that her pregnancy would not be written into the storyline because it's too early in the run of the series to introduce a new baby (you know - when a series runs out of ideas add a new kid to the show to freshen things up a bit).

She said that they would be hiding the pregnancy as she gets bigger. Of course, they could have decided to change their minds as she was already starting to "show" a bit in the last 2 episodes.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I know they did a good job of showing her pregnant in the flash backs, but this would be perfect for filming flashbacks to when she first met Earl, now that she wouldn't have to fake the belly. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Shit yeah!!!! I swear that woman is so hot I just wanna' cry!

"Pig pig pig pig...oink oink oink oink oink..." :laugh:

Randy has my utmost admiration for getting up the nerve to finally put the moves on Catalina, it's just too bad he missed the chance. :frowning:

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I'm thinking that Earl will bring up marriage to stave off deportation. Now, whether it involves Catalina marrying him, or Randy has some comedy promise.

Miller Time

Auditioning
Real Name
Travis
What were everyone's thoughts on tonight's hour-long? I thought it was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the nods to older episodes with Randy's fear of birds and especially Randy paying the guy to play "Time After Time" after he found out about Earl and Catalina. :laugh:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It was a great ep indeed, I almost shed a tear for Randy tonight, his determination really touched me and I was cheering him on all the way. :emoji_thumbsup:

That little Mexican girl on the bus had me rolling..."Don't stand up." :laugh:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely the best episode(s) of the season. The recap of the trailer neighbors at the 8:30 mark was the only clue this had once been two episodes. Worked great in the hour format.
The thing that stood out to me was that the show was surprising me again. The earlier episodes felt a little stale. This one carved out a whole new arena.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I actually got goose bumps when Randy stepped up and they started playing Eye of the Tiger. :emoji_thumbsup:

Also, I was starting to get a little upset about how they were playing Randy (when he was beating up Earl) because it was so out of character, but the payoff (i.e. why he was doing it) was worth it.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
All I can say is that Jimmi Simpson [the neighbor on the shitter] cracks me up by just existing on my TV screen.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised that they didn't try to hide Jamies pregnancy a little more. There was that one side shot where you really saw her pregnant stomach.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Darnell: "When it gets toward nine minutes I try to get behind her."

A line that sent my imagination into overdrive. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That was the point, though, to show that when he calls upon it, Randy has got fire in him especially when he's got his mind set on rescuing the woman of his dreams.

Earl got in the way of that. ;)

Thank you Todd!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Yeah, I had this as a series recording on 2 of my Comcast DVR's. 2 days ago it was still scheduled to record. But last night, as I was about to start watching it, I realized that it wasnt recording, so I checked my other DVR, and lo and behold, it wasnt recording either. So, I missed the whole hour episode, Im mad at this, theres no reason for it, the guide data said "New" episode. Anyone else have this issue?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yep, I had the same thing happen to mine, at 7:30 I looked at my scheduled recordings for the night and Earl was not on it, I then pulled up the program guide and there wasn't even a red circle next to it.

I don't know what happened to yours and mine but i'm just glad I was home to catch it.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Same thing happened to me. Unfortunately, I was working so I wasn't able to catch it live. My DVR did catch Scrubs though, which makes it even more weird. I hope NBC re-runs it over the holidays.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It was bugging me all day about Earl saying how Catalina would be his 3rd forced marriage...then it hit me - I totally forgot about when he had to marry Ralph's mom.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
New episode tonight!

Our Cops Is On
Earl, Randy, Joy, Darnell and other Camden County residents relive the day that they were filmed for the show ``Cops.''

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was definitely a classic-in-the-making, excellent episode from start to finish. Loved the Randy as the bear-tranq'd-and-bounces-off-trampoline-from-tree scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks