What's new

My Name Is Earl season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yes, great idea putting them up against "Survivor" so that we can have "Deal or No Deal" at 9:00. To me, these two shows are not 8:00 shows, they are 9:00 shows. Well, maybe someone will come up with the brilliant idea to move the time slot to go up against "Lost". I'm sure that will boost ratings.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Zachary,
Everyone's boat is floated differently of course. But, personally, Nadine Velazquez vacuuming in a maid’s uniform is much hotter than her jumping up and down in a very modest bikini style dance outfit.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I agree. She looked awkward as a stripper. I thought she looked the best when they visited the sweat shop. The tiny shirt (showing off her mid drift) and the jeans. Now THAT was hotter than anything!!!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think that was the point - coupled with her jumping routine it was so far from being sexy that it was funny. If it were straight up sexy then I think most of us would forget to laugh ;).

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Thank goodness for last few comments, the earlier comments had me believing that I had lost my eros meter. Count me in as one who thought the routine was anti-erotic.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Nadine can look sexy doing ANYTHING. If the fact that she was on-stage wearing something sexy and glistening with sweat wasn't enough to get you going, your probably dead. ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - I'm not saying she wasn't hot as a stripper, I'm just saying that I think she's so damn sexy that she doesn't need to be 'obvious' in order to look hot. Kinda like when a naturally beautiful woman wears too much make-up and she starts looking less attractive when compared to not wearing makeup at all.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
...as are "Grey's Anatomy" and "CSI - Original Recipe", which makes it the timeslot of death for any NBC or Fox show.

Regards,

Clay_E

Second Unit
...which is why NBC pulled Studio 60 from its intended Thursday-night-at-9 time slot and moved it to Mondays at 10...

...where it's getting killed by CSI: Miami. >sigh<

Getting back to Earl, though, has anybody noticed that Jason Lee's voice seems to be thrashed? I was watching some Season 1 episodes recently and the difference is remarkable. Maybe he's having throat trouble?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, neat episode...how long did it take you guys to realize the deaf woman was the tennis line judge from Seinfeld? :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Not long, i've always liked Marlee Matlin ever since I first saw her in Children of a Lesser God.

What a strange episode but in a good, and funny, way lol. The bearded lady was cute. :)

^^Wow, talk about things you thought you'd never hear yourself say! :laugh:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Ah yes, you can rarely go wrong with Judy Greer.

I found tonight's ep especially uplifting.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As a long time fan of Lee (since way before Earl), I noticed that too, but I only happened to notice it in last night's episode, never before that. I thought maybe he was just fighting a cold or something during filming of that episode.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I was kind of hoping she would tell Earl to "Say goodbye to this..." and shave off her beard in homage to "Kitty" from "Arrested Development", but I guess that would not have worked thematically.

By far my favorite moment of the episode was when Darnell silently gave Marlee Matlin's character the quarter and took the pencil off of her desk. It was simultaneously such a sweet gesture and so...so wrong, which is what the humor in this show is all about. :)

Regards,

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Best episode of the season so far--but yeah, I definitely noticed something different with Jason's voice. Maybe it's because I've been watching the season 1 DVDs quite a bit, but he sounded a lot raspier.

I wonder if any of the "freaks" will return in bit parts later on like Kenny does (the guy who Earl took to a gay bar in the pilot).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Kenny's original boyfriend was in tonights episode. :)

The best part was:

Randy: My Feet Stink
Judy: They're supposed to; why do you think God put them so far away from our noses.

:D

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good episode; loved Randy's "Time After Time."

Have to say though, I guess they were aiming for a Sideshow Bob with the rakes-esque "it's funny, then it gets old, then it's funny again" thing with the sleepwalker..."Paul...Paul...Paul..." but wow, that had to be the worst ending of any Earl episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks