What's new

My Name Is Earl season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
The way the situation kept getting more and more out of hand made this episode a worthy premiere without breaking the usual feel of the show. I liked Randy, too. Just as simple as he was last year, but not as dumb. The sequence where he and Joy were coming up with ways to ensure the hostage wouldn't tell anyone about the incident had me in stitches. So did the last-minute turnaround where Joy got arrested. "That was my second guess."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was okay, but not as funny as some of the better episodes, but they are laying a lot of groundwork for Earl and Joy to re-connect.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It was a pretty good episode; on par with some of the mediocre episodes of season 1, but better than the election and Christmas ones.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I thought it was interesting that they mentioned Britney and Kevin, because I always thought Joy looked like a trashed-up version of Britney Spears.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely not a classic for the series. That said, the reveal that Randy had painted his own name in giant letters across the side of the truck had me absolutely dying with laughter.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It had a few good laughs. My favorite was Joy's "Robin Hood, Batman, Jesus" line.

But it was all in all a mediocre ep that was TOTALLY outshadowed by the proceeding Office premiere. There were too many parts that should have been funnier (like the flashbacks to Earl not taking Joy's side -- smile inducing perhaps, but not laugh-worthy) and the whole kidnap plot left me uneasy rather than in stitches. I also kept thinking it should really stink in the back of that truck -- I mean, really really stink. He was eating and drinking the whole time if you catch my drift.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I liked the episode, it could have been stronger but it was still goofy enough to be fun, all through it I kept thinking that karma isn't going to like this at all lol.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I liked the episode but I agree with you guys, not very laugh-out-loud funny but still a good episode.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Funny, it must have just struck me right.
When Joy called the Spears-Federlines 'American Royalty' then yelled 'Oh Snap!!' when she saw the 'hidden TV furniture.' The multiple Juicy pants, buying an entertainment center bigger than the trailer. All of that kept me giggling for some time.
I dunno, maybe I was loopy or something.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The only part that I really laughed was when Joy was whacked by that truck guy. Overall, not the best episode, but I guess I can forgive that.

She looks so funny whenever she gets knocked out, like last season, when Earl kicked the soccer ball and it hit Joy in the face.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If you watch the alternate universe mini-episode "Bad Karma" on the Season One DVD set. Darnell actually gets to do one of those spin towards the camera knock-out takes.

Regards,

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

Actually, she looks a LOT better on the show than the REAL Spears does now! Talk about going down hill, not that Spears ever had that far to go. :laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I was gonna say...you don't need to "trash up" anyone to look as trashy as the real Britney Spears.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I also enjoyed Joy's humorous ignorance when she was drawing an analogy between her situation and when "Rosa Parks stole that bus".

Regards,

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
DAMN! I missed the first episode due to the time change!! :angry:Oh man! I read what it was going to be about when I was searching for the next new episode. HOLY CRAP! I hope it lives up to what I have in my sleezy little head. ;)

p.s. If we all don't hear from John after next week, we'll know he died happily! :D

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit

Which disc is the "bad karma" episode on? I want to order that one from netflix but not planning on rewatching the entire first season (at least right now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks