My Mother The Car: Coming from TGG

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Bob Gu, Sep 24, 2013.

1. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    TGG seems to be branching out...I saw 20-episode collections of The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction in the Walmart discount bin today, and the sets were credited to TGG Direct.

2. oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff Second Unit

James Beer
    They have to be those public domain episodes that have been released everywhere left and right by various indie companies.

3. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    They are

4. PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck Stunt Coordinator

Patrick
    Lois Nettleton is a highly underrated actress. I particularly loved her roles in Then Came Bronson, The Interns, The Outsider and the two episodes of Dr. Kildare she guest starred in. I seem to recall Lois was also in an episode of East Side / West side also. Of the shows that you can get officially, you can't go past her classic role in the TZ "Midnight Sun" and the 3 Route 66 episodes. Can't wait to pick up the Naked City set too!

Yes, would also like to see Accidental family released but agree chances seem very slim. Also would love to see He and She, Love On A Rooftop, Second Hundred Years, The Good Guys and Occassional Wife. Not asking much, huh? :rolleyes:

5. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    I have long been waiting for He and She myself. I'm a big Jack Cassidy fan. I don't know the rights situation with this one, but I'm guessing we won't be seeing it anytime soon.

6. Jack P

Jack P Producer

A very underrated beauty who had an uncanny ability to always look a decade younger than she actually was. I was shocked to learn she was 35 when she did her TZ episode!

Also in two (maybe 3) "Fugitive" episodes. "Man On A String" is the best of the lot.

7. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Addendum about Lois Nettleton. Those who enjoy her work owe it to get the new "FBI" release. The episode "The Innocents" has one of her best performances I've ever seen.

8. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    Agreed!

9. Justin Ray

Justin Ray Stunt Coordinator

Justin Ray
    According to Amazon.com, TGG Direct will release My Mother the Car: The Series on November 12th for $24.96.

mymotherthecar.jpg

BobO'Link likes this.
  10. Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray Screenwriter
    Supporter

Rob Ray
    I just placed my pre-order. I actually have fond memories of this show. We'll see how it holds up. While no classic, it's not near as bad as it's reputation would indicate.

11. Bob Gu

Bob Gu Supporting Actor

Bob Gudera
    Is that Sunny Tufts on the cover, with Jerry?

12. rcbrad

rcbrad Agent

Rick
    Thanks for posting the cover art. This cover art is rather poor and not very appealing or eye catching. It looks like it has been photo shopped. It also says Miss Ann Sothern?

Still I am really happy to see this and I will be buying this for sure.

13. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

Wonder if they are including the unaired black and white pilot episode.

14. Jack P

Jack P Producer

That's how she was billed on the show originally.

15. TV_Fan

TV_Fan Second Unit

Chris H
    If the list of episodes included in this set is accurate at amazon, and the list of episodes that aired on Wikipedia is accurate, then this set will be missing an episode. Apparently that's why it's being called My Mother The Car The Series, instead of My Mother The Car The Complete Series.

16. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Cinematographer

Howie
    While I don't know for sure it appears to me that the Amazon listing is possibly incorrect. There were 30 episodes of the series. There are 5 disks with all disks but #2 having 6 episodes. The episode missing from that disk listing is "My Son, the Ventriloquist" which aired just before the very similar sounding episode, "My Son, The Judge." I can see how someone typing a list could easily skip that one. Plus you would think they'd put the disk with only 5 episodes as the *last* disk if a single episode were left off. Plus *all* episodes except the *last* one ("Desperate Minutes") are currently available for free streaming at IMDB (from Hulu). If it's available for free streaming you'd think it'll also be on the set.

Plus the episode listing is in the "Editorial Review" section which is a regular spot for mis-information about many products.

17. TV_Fan

TV_Fan Second Unit

Chris H
    Possibly. Just seems strange to call it "The Series" instead of "The Complete Series" for a 1 season show.

18. Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain Supporting Actor

Vahan_Nisanain
    How could it be missing an episode? That is so lame! Is there a story behind this?

19. LouA

LouA Screenwriter

Lou Antonicello
    I agree. I'll be buying MMTC, and I'd buy all of the other shows you mentioned if released - they are all on my list of shows I'd like to be released on DVD especially People's Choice.

20. oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff Second Unit

James Beer
    If TGG is going to bring out "Bachelor Father", they would have to reach a licensing deal with NBC Universal for that show, but Antenna TV is only airing, 120 out of a total of 157 episodes, because of lost or damaged videotape transfers, due to the great Universal fire in 2008 and will be moved to an early morning time slot on weekdays at 5 a.m. eastern/4 a.m. central to make way for "The Patty Duke Show".