What's new

My John Carpenter collection: am I missing any titles? (1 Viewer)

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I've set myself the goal of owning every John Carpenter film that is released on DVD. World Peace seemed a daunting task, so I chose this.
Here's the list (in no particular order):
Dark Star
Assault on Precinct 13
The Thing
Escape From New York
Escape From L.A.
Big Trouble in Little China
Starman
Vampires
Village of the Damned
Ghosts of Mars
In the Mouth of Madness
Halloween
Prince of Darkness
Christine
How am I doing so far? If I remember correctly, I thought I read somewhere that The Fog was going to be released sometime soon. Are there any titles currently out there that I'm missing?
Thanks for the help!

Kevin Korom

Stunt Coordinator
"I've set myself the goal of owning every John Carpenter film that is released on DVD. World Peace seemed a daunting task, so I chose this."
LOL! That's just the sort of "striving for mediocrity" that I admire:D
The only title I can think of that's missing is They Live. It's currently OOP, with a SE supposedly in the works.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
Damn!
I knew I was spacing something! I'm at work (shame to use company equipment for company business, don't you think?) so I'm just trying to crank the brain into gear enough to remember my titles.
Yes, I also have They Live. Thanks for the heads-up. What kind of a John Carpenter fan could I possibly be, forgetting a classic like that? :b
Forgive me...

Mark Jany

Auditioning
I suspect you may know this already but fairly easy to search Internet movie database for this info
Link Removed
I think you have to click on each film to see if on DVD, though there may be a more clever way to do it.
Mark Jany

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
Well He wrote Halloween 2 (I`m sure he directed some of it)Philadelphia Experiment, The (1984) (executive producer)

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) (producer)

Body Bags - I`m not sure If that is available seperately, when I bought it, it was available as part of a box set.

It was rumored a while back that a SE of They Live will be out this year. JC and Roddy Piper recorded a commentary track a few months back.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
Didn't Prince of Darkness go out of print? Is there a new version of this DVD on the way? (hope, hope)

I remember reading something about a DVD of The Fog a while ago, but I haven't seen anything since.

A They Live SE? That would be great. Really, I would love to have a SE of all of his films (BTLC is great), but They Live would be a lot of fun.

And I'm sure that there aren't too many other people who feel this way, but wouldn't a Special Edition of Village of the Damned be cool?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
A VERY handy IMDB trick is to look up the actor/director. On the right bar there are links for video and DVD availability. It's not foolproof, but it's pretty reliable and more complete than most searches at online stores. The IMDB DVD searches, however, are utterly worthless.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
IMDB, IMDB...aw, c'mon it's more fun to chat with the other lunatics in this world that have a thing for Mr. Carpenter's work! :D
Lanny & Drew- Thanks, but I've limited myself to his directorial efforts. Guess I should've said so, huh?
Thanks, folks. Seems like my collection's fairly current.
P.S.- Even though I love the man, here's hoping he gets something better to work with than Ghosts of Mars next time! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks