What's new

My horrifying movie going experience (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Chris,
I dont think he whipped the junk out or not; but then again I wasnt really looking.

And Chad that was the only good thing about the experience.

I dont really know where the Old dude came from. Possibly homeless, Marya (g/f) and I were wondering about that. I know people were complaining about him and he wasnt too kind to the management.

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
You should have yelled "why dont you piss in my coke while you're at it!"...... :)

Thats crazy.

It sounds like your theater needs one of those signs that would say something like, "we dont watch movies in your bathroom, so dont pee in our theater!".

I suspect that the guy probably either snuck in, or was theater hopping after his original show was over. Perhaps he's a known sneaker/hobo, and someone spotted him.

I always try to avoid the lone movie person when picking seats. I'm not trying to knock those who do, but I find that the two types most likely to cause a problem in a movie are the lone person, and the group of teens. Of course not all teens or lone movie goers, but just as a general caution I avoid them.....

Especially if you are approached before the movie by a guy by himself who begins to question you if you've read the LOTR books for no reason.....

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Maybe Big Fish was so good it made him piss in his pants. I've always heard people say that about certain movies, but I assumed it was hyperbole.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Oops just saw where you said it was. Sorry again about that. I haven't been to The Arden theater in ages. I usually goto The new Greenback or Regal Natomas which I'm about 3 miles from. I do wanna see that movie though. Wide release is soon isn't it?

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Adam,
I live in Citrus Heights so I usually go to the Greenback Century or one of the Roseville theatres. I will visit the Natomas or Arden theatres on occasion if im with friends or happen to be in the area.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Matt- I was booth manager at Regal for a year but left because they cared a lot more about showing contempt for their customers than putting on a good presentation- most of the screens there are common-width and the last straw was when they decided they always wanted the masking to stay up to make the slides bigger, than come down at the start of scope films essentially making the screen shrink at showtime! I've heard they've replaced their slides with ads on video now too!
I worked floor staff at the old Century for a few months back in '92- it depresses me because the two big domes were chopped in half more than 25 years ago so I now avoid it altogether. The new Century Greenback is pretty nice though, even though all the screens there are common-width (at least they don't move the masking up for the slides though, so most people probably won't notice.)
In 10 years working at various theaters I never saw an incident that caused the movie to be stopped, other than power outages. At the Holiday Cinema in Davis someone once passed out during Alien 3 and had to be taken out on a stretcher, but nobody stopped the film.
BTW how come nobody working in the area's theatres NOW is posting on this board or on Film-Tech? I suspect because none of them care that much about films.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Well, they don't post on this board because it's called the *Home* Theater Forum. :)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Our public library has a small theater in which it presents themed film series on a weekly basis. About four years ago I stopped by to enjoy the latest entry in the film noir series - Out of the Past. I arrived early to hopefully avoid a bad seating issue, since the library is unfortunately located next to homeless & drunken headquarters - Central Park (no not that Central Park).

Anyway, homeless, smelly, drunken Bob (probably not his real name) sits down behind me and decides that my chair would make a nice Ottoman. It's too late to move, since the theater has now filled to capacity, so I convince myself that I can tolerate the annoyance.

The movie starts, and that's when Bob's restlessness begins. I'm guessing he was going through some kind of nasty withdrawal, because he was shuffling in his seat and pushing my seat around with his foot at least every 20 seconds. After about 20 minutes, I think he passed out, because he got pretty still - until the seizure started, of course. His flailing foot connected rather soundly with my head. This was not fun. One of the local hippie chicks immediately rushed to his aid, just as he started vomiting. Fortunately, it wasn't projectile vomiting, and he delivered most of the regurgitant onto his own chest.

The next 10 minutes involved me trying to see what Kirk Douglas was up to (in the film) while hearing hippie chick try to calm the guy down. Eventually they walked him out and we were all able to resume watching the film in peace. Unfortunately, I had an inner dialogue going on where I wondered if I should have attempted to help the guy out instead of just sitting there while hippie chick came to the rescue. I don't remember my entire though process, but I clearly remember that my conclusion was "Fuck Bob. He kicked me in the head."

So I guess that's why I didn't win any humanitarian awards that year. :D At least I didn't get pissed on.

Brad

StephenA

Screenwriter
That news story reminded me of when I saw Fellowship of the Ring a couple years ago. I posted it in another thread here, but I'll post it again:

Everyone was leaving after the movie ended. There was a big crowd in the isle and I was just standing there waiting for some of it to leave. All of a sudden I felt someone punch me in the back. I turned around to ask them what their problem was, and a kid about 13 ran away and into the crowd, making it so I couldn't ask him. Someone who I assumed was a friend or brother asked the kid why he did that while the kid was running away. It pissed me off that someone had the gall to hit me for no reason.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Damn, Matt. I was going to see the movie this weekend. Would you please tell me what part of the theater he pissed in? I'd like to sit on the opposite side. (It sucks that BF is playing on only one theater in Sacramento.):angry:

I thought people only pissed in the Tower Theater judging by the smell of that place.:D

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I worked there very briefly too, but only as a favor to someone. (I refuse to watch a movie in that place as well, it's disgraceful that they get so many exclusive engagements!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks