What's new

My Home Theater (1 Viewer)

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
It looks really great! The only thing different that I woulda done was paint it a darker blue, like Rob's, but it looks awesome!

But, how much would it cost to build a room like that (the room, not the speakers, seats, etc.) Any ball-park figure?

RParker

Auditioning
Real Name
Robb
Very Nice, if mine ever turns out to be half as nice I would be very happy!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Great stuff. Very cool...looks like a fun place to hang out and watch some movies or sports. :)

I'm a BIG fan of NHTs too. I've owned 4 different sets. I love my Evolution M6's.

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Looks great. Love the details and the theater feel/look to it. Great job. (psst... I may steal some of your ideas.)

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Ray
I love the signs ! I was wondering if you recieved your RS1 yet ? If so give us the low down ! Johnathan

joseph westcott

Second Unit

Seasons Greetings!!!

Your dedicated space always makes me jealous. I wish I had one.
One of the few home theaters I see with great speaker placement too!!!!
The AV component cove really makes having two displays a great solution. Sometimes firing up the projector just is not appropriate, as I am sure you have discovered.

Christmas came early to our home this year. I got a Samsung BD-P1200 and a Toshiba HD-XA2. To be honest, it has not been a smooth transition so I thought I would ask you if you too had difficulties. I have yet to find an HDMI switch that works with all of my components. One of the few movies I have rented, At Worlds End, did not play past the trailers, and to be honest, film based HD material does not look much better than my standard DVD material on my Denon. Granted, video HD like Planet Earth was spectacular but films like Bourne Ultimatum was underwhelming.

Any input or thoughts? Should I give it more time? Are the quality of the transfers really that variable? We spent a chunk of change for this new technology but so far, my standard DVD performs just as well for most material so far.

Happy Holidays and thanks for the update.

RayJr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Joseph,
Thanks for the comments. :) and Merry CHristmas to all
As for the HDMI issues, I have to be honest...I have NOT had a problem.
I think I am an odd ball in this area as I have read that so many other people have issue after issue. I will say that having every thing hooked HDMI to the Lexicon MC12HD is very seamless ( Dish622 DVR, Oppo 981, Toshiba XA2, Sony BDP-S300 ) and without a hitch to the JVC RS-1.
Now for the HD Media issue...I did not notice a very big difference from upsampled DVD to HD or Blu-ray on my older 720 projector...but there is more of a difference on my 1080 projector....this is just what I noticed. I think that a good upsampled DVD looks fairly close to HD at times.

Hope this helps.
RayJr

joseph westcott

Second Unit

Well, right after I wrote this, another HDMI switch I ordered (Impact Acoustics) came in the mail. I just hooked it up and it works flawlessly. I am a happy camper on this front. Still some of the other bugs but having a switch that works really does make all the other issues more tolerable.

Thanks for your feedback!!! Glad to hear I am not the only one that feels this way about HD players.

Happy Holidays!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks