What's new

My God I've Just Witnessed a train Wreck (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
That was actually a repeat of "Ren's Problem" and yes it was pretty unfunny and Unpleasant, the old show was gross, and Ren Was a Whack Job, but it was'nt Overtly Cruel (Of course he did smack stimpy around alot) the new shows simply do not have the Wit of the old shows. Since they can get away with pretty much anything, creatively they don't have to be satirical and witty in addition to gross. No sir I don't like it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well anyone see the last few weeks of shows?

is it still a train wreck?

i haven't watched since the frog ep.

plus i thought i saw a re-run of the first new ep last monday night. or was i seeing things?

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
The biggest prtoblem I have is that the fleshing out of the stories to hlaf-hour length is making them more boring. The pace of the episode where move from the bum's mouth to the spitoon just seems to drag on forever as the jokes wear out their welcome.

It would probably be better if they were to go back to the faster paced 2-story structure. It's also a drag that they're chopping up the classics for more commercial airtime.

They're not much more gross than usual (with the exception of crossing the line into innuendo vs. blatant sexual content) - consider that the old shows featured lots of bodily functions and such, but the gags came and went so fast it was forgivable (talking boogers, Stimpy's first fart, etc.)

Stripperella on the other hand is surprisingly entertaining, with tongue in cheek villains like Pushy Galore ("everybody loves Pushy") and the Miser. I still haven't quite been impressed by Gary The Rat - too slowly paced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.