My God I've Just Witnessed a train Wreck

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dave Scarpa, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    TNN's and John K's latest Ren And Stimpy was an utter disaster first he bookends the Premiere of the New Fire Dogs Cartoon with the most god awful unfunny Honeymooners Take off, then He has the Unwise notion of First Showing the Classic Firedogs before a Truely Awful New Sequel. The Classic really illustrates how unfunny this new version is, trading Wit and Satire for Crass and Vulgar. Well Unless your Idea of Funny is watching someone straining on the Toilet. TNN, Spike TV or whatever end this travesty and just show the classics.

2. WillG

WillG Producer

I read the title of the thread and somehow immediately knew what it was refering to. Yes, Bad episode. I am seriously wondering who was the bigger contributor to the hilarity of the old R&S, Kricfalusi or Nickelodeon

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well there's alot of other Contributers who did not return to the New Version, and you getting the feeling more and more that nick was absolutely correct for reigning him in. I think the stipulation of the show being on a Children's network and straining to remain within those Bounds forced the Production team to find new and interesting slants of going to far without going to far. It was gross out but not sick. It had wit and a sly nature to those shows. By being able to go "Balls to the Wall" they've lost what made the show so inherently Funny the pushing to the limits but not crossing over. C'mon Viacom where's the Classics on DVD. Actually if anything I think the new show hurts the chances of ever seeing those classics on disk

4. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    There have been flashes of classic R&S in the new episodes... but I cant help but thinking the new episodes tarnish the reputation of this great show.

Ren's parents...... I almost turned the channel.

5. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I kinda liked the bookend, but the new cartoon just wasn't very good. So far the only "new" one I've loved is Man's Best friend, which isn't new at all.

6. Michael St. Clair

7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden

8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

9. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

..........yep, a train wreck it was. (**sigh**)[​IMG]

John K. I will give you one more chance to get this adolescent garbage out of your system...you are starting make me think that Bob Camp wasn't as much of a bad guy as you made him out to be...certainly his influence on the original show has raised a little higher in my eyes after seeing your new "vision".

10. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i was disappointed to see ralph bakshi , wrote directed and starred in the wraps of the firedog cartoon. not because it was him but because of how amateurish(is that a word?) it was. at one time he was truly a genius. just remember the new mighty mouse show. that was him.
    this was just a disgrace.

now that i think about it i was disappointed to SEE and HEAR him. i would rather not have done either.

11. Michael St. Clair

12. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well Whether is was Camp or someone else. Something or Somebody tempered John K., maybe it was Nickleodean or just knowing they were on a kid station, but something mady them more witty and Smart than what they are now. "Don't Wizz on the Electric Fence" "Log" was the good stuff?

13. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

I was just kidding Michael, relax.
    However...

14. Michael St. Clair

Kevin,

I didn't think they were bad. But if I ranked all of the original Spumco shorts, the ones with Bob Camp's name on them multiple times would be in the bottom half of the list.

Of course, that isn't large enough of a sample to be scientific. But since some other with no involvement from Camp are damned funny (to me), there's no way I can credit Camp as a primary factor behind what made the show great.

I considered 'Space Madness' to be the best R&S short long before I started paying attention to the credits.

Also, Kricfalusi's work on the revived Mighty Mouse and Beany & Cecil shorts proved his value to me long before Ren and Stimpy.

15. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

16. WillG

WillG Producer

I wonder why there is no new episode tonight. I looked on Click TV and saw an episode of Striperella on it that time slot. The later 11:30 episode seems to be a repeat of last week's "Fire Dogs" Fiasco. Is this going to be like to old Nick Days were there was only a new episode like every 4 weeks?

17. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

Last nights episode was new, just not named as such, and it sucked.

I am almost about to take R&S off my season pass if things do not improve, so far, I think that Ren seeks Help was a hell of an episode, but, they seem too stuck on Ralph and pure gross out.

18. WillG

WillG Producer

Yeah that was weird, a hidden new episode. But yes it was bad. I hope they don't have "Fire Dogs 3" But judging by the fascination with the subject, they probably will

19. Grant B

Grant B Producer

NOW YOU DID IT!!
    TNN -The 1st station that features Train Wrecks!

20. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    oh god please pull the plug now.
    i just watched the latest, with ren mangling and mutilating a frog.

i'm done.
    i'll just watch the original eps until i see someone say the new ones are better.