My first "serious" camera: Looking for thoughts on Canon EOS Rebel T2i or better

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

Carlo, yes, the 7D would be a huge improvement over the Rebel XT, which I had on our last Yellowstone visit. I sold it, though, when I bought the 40D a few years ago. I am very excited to have a quality wildlife setup for this visit, though. This will my fifth trip to YNP, which is probably my favorite place to visit.

2. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

Congrats on the new gear. I'd love to get the 100-400 someday. Does it work with a teleconverter?

I definitely think you should keep the 40D as a second body for Yellowstone. Not only do you have the gas and water vapor but dust and dirt. I'd hate to be changing lens often in that environment.

3. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

4. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

I've only had a little time to try out the new Canon 7D and 100-400mm lens. So far, I'm happy with both. Here is one from the back yard where I pushed the combo to near its limits -- hand held, 1/200 sec, ISO 1600, very tightly cropped in post processing. Considering the conditions, the results are pretty good.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Wah! I want a 7D!