My Favorite Martian - season 3 has a Bonus Disc

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JoyceHH, Jun 23, 2006.

1. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

Back in stock again at Barnes and Noble. Says ships within 24 hours.

2. MBrousseau

MBrousseau Stunt Coordinator

Martin Brousseau
    I listened to that radio show and that was a cool radio broadcast. Thank you Mr Shostak for bringning the news on that forum. I can't wait to get my hands on my own copy of that season 3 box set. Hopefully tomorrow...[​IMG]
    Maybe some day, I'll be tempted to get also the Favorite Martian recent CD release from La La Land.

3. MBrousseau

MBrousseau Stunt Coordinator

Martin Brousseau
    As expected, I received my copy today. I've been exploring the box set's episodes a little, enough to see how it looks like. Most of the episodes look good. Same quality standard that Rhino used to offer for their earlier releases.
    That said, this has not the quality look you get from film to digital tapes transfer, like you would get for Bewitched, for example. No progressive encoding either which makes it terrible if you watch on your computer.
    But, ahhhh! how good it is to watch My Favorite Martian without time compression techniques like they used to do on Vision TV Canada last year when it aired. [​IMG] Thank you to everyone involved in this Umbrella release.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Great news: MPI has struck a deal with Chertok to release Season 3 in the USA!
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Favorite-Martian-Season-3/13271

5. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Screenwriter

Willard
    I have the Umbrella release, but am glad to see a US release anyway.

6. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:
    Same for me. I bought the Umbrella release as soon as it came out.
    Gary "nice news nonetheless" O.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Still, keep an eye on the updates for this title. There may be some temptations in there. /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif

8. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

I'm quite happy with my Australian set.

9. Jack P

Jack P Producer

I might be persuaded to upgrade if the bonus material was substantially new. There was also one episode in the Umbrella set (the one with Yvonne Craig guesting) that was sourced from a 16mm print (there's even an old Wolper company tag at the end) instead of the 35mm masters.

10. Chertok Television.

Chertok Television. Stunt Coordinator

It has been a long time since I posted on this forum, but here is a update on all things Chertok.. My favorite Martian is now with MPI they will be releasing season three early next year..we have just released a Plastic kit of Uncle martin's spaceship together with a in scale Uncle Martian Via Pegasus Hobbies.
    We will be releasing volume one of a two volume reprint of the sixties Gold Key comics together with the two years of British weekly comic strips printed in Tv21 in the Uk. in both volumes we will be featuring a whole bunch of never before published images from the show this from publisher Hermes Press (can now be ordered from Amazon).
    A set of two Bobble heads from My favorite Martian will be released next year, together with several other retro styled toys.
    My Living Doll will be out this year without fail with interviews with Julie Newmar and some more surprises..
    expect some special My Living Doll collectibles some time next year.
    All of these products are priced to be affordable in these not so great times..the kit is just 28 bucks at the highest. so enjoy.

11. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
    My Favorite Martian: Will MPI just be releasing season 3, or will the first two seasons be rereleased to coincide with the US release of S3?
    Edit: After looking at Amazon prices, I hope there is at least a S2 rerelease, since that seems to be OOP and going for nearly a hundred bucks at this moment.
    My Living Doll: Complete series, or are there still episodes missing and unobtainable?

12. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Cinematographer

Howie
    I'd like to see a re-release of both S1 and S2. I put those on the back burner as I'd read the syndicated episodes were used for the seasons and there were frequent problems with the double-sided disks.

13. Chertok Television.

Ok, No more double sided disks for Martian, any issues with syndicated prints will be resolved and replaced as needed, in the past few years I have hit the vault hard trying to find any and all bonus footage that might exist..and exist it did.
    The MPI season three release will have some great new extras as part of the package..as it gets closer I will let you in on them..
    My Living Doll..is still at 11 shows..but as you can see I have located a huge cache of unpublished stills from the show..many in color no less..a gallery section is in order I think.
    I spend a part of every day looking for this show and trying to preserve it for years to come.

14. BobO'Link

Howie
    Thanks for the update! Does this mean we'll see re-releases of S1 and S2 from MPI in addition to S3?

15. Chertok Television.

Yes. s1 and s2 will be released.

16. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    Well I for one would really like to see all of the seasons released. I have Season 1, and it took multiple returns to get a set where all of the episodes played correctly. After all of that, and reading that Season 2 had syndicated episodes, I never purchased any more of My Favorite Martian. If all the problems get fixed, I will definitely purchase Season 2 and 3, and will likely upgrade Season 1 as well.

I am glad to hear about this!

17. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
    Well, hearing that My Favorite Martian is being rereleased/corrected/finished is nice to hear.
    Some of the things keeping me from picking the series up were the talk of edited episodes, and the MIA in R1 third season.
    Oh, and the price for Rhino's sets wasn't that great, either.
    MPI, IIRC, always has decently priced sets.

18. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer
    Supporter

Ray
    Very good news. Thanks

19. BobO'Link

Howie
    Fantastic! These, along with S3, will go on my "to buy" list! Thanks! :)

20. BobO'Link

Howie
    Bumping due to the upcoming re release of S1! Does that mean a re release of S2 is to come shortly?

Ron1973 likes this.