What's new

My Favorite Martian - season 3 has a Bonus Disc (1 Viewer)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
BrianP said:
With various discounts including a B&N membership I got it for $24.53 shipped.
That's pretty good...will be interesting to see if you get the same thing most of us paid in the mid-$70s for. Galling, but interesting all the same.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Firebee said:
That's pretty good...will be interesting to see if you get the same thing most of us paid in the mid-$70s for. Galling, but interesting all the same.
Hopefully I'll have it by mid week to see exactly what set this is. Since B&N is a reputable store I'm certain I'll get something. For a new DVD release it certainly is a mystery because of lack of information from anyone with any knowledge.
Does the Australian set have a UPC code? I noticed the ones listed at B&N and DVDEmpire differ. Here are what they have listed that I copied.
UPC: 3000000063545
UPC Code: 603497044429

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
BrianP said:
Hopefully I'll have it by mid week to see exactly what set this is. Since B&N is a reputable store I'm certain I'll get something. For a new DVD release it certainly is a mystery because of lack of information from anyone with any knowledge.
Does the Australian set have a UPC code? I noticed the ones listed at B&N and DVDEmpire differ. Here are what they have listed that I copied.
UPC: 3000000063545
UPC Code: 603497044429
This is what is in my DVD Profiler: 000000-063545 (DVD)

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Thanks! The UPC code listed at B&N is almost an exact match to the Australian set but it is most likely incorrect because it has 13 digits instead of 12. I have a feeling they are selling the Australian set because the codes are the same if you drop the 3.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
BrianP said:
Thanks! The UPC code listed at B&N is almost an exact match to the Australian set but it is most likely incorrect because it has 13 digits instead of 12. I have a feeling they are selling the Australian set because the codes are the same if you drop the 3.
And, if this is the Aussie set...you're going to get it for about two-thirds of what we paid for it...

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Wow! I wonder what it is costing B&N to import it? Even if you pay the price listed on their web site it is much cheaper than buying it direct from Australia, and they also have a bunch of coupons available that will save more. So far they are the only store I have seen that claims to have gotten some copies in stock. Did anyone else get a email claiming their orders shipped yet?

BrianP

Supporting Actor

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
BrianP said:
Wow! I wonder what it is costing B&N to import it? Even if you pay the price listed on their web site it is much cheaper than buying it direct from Australia, and they also have a bunch of coupons available that will save more. So far they are the only store I have seen that claims to have gotten some copies in stock. Did anyone else get a email claiming their orders shipped yet?
I got one from FYE - an email, that is. But there's no shipment tracking info yet and, so far, they haven't charged my credit card. Also, they no longer list the DVD at their site (though I happened to have a residual link to the page that was listing it and it now says the DVD has been "discontinued".)
Amazon still lists it and gives the wait time as 3-6 weeks, down from 5-8 weeks.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
BrianP said:
Received an email update on the latest news regarding the season 3 release this afternoon. Okay it appears there is not a competing release from another studio. So if B&N is shipping these it has to be the import from Australia. If they are selling imports I wonder how long they will do it, and if the price will go up?
My Favorite Martian DVD news: Confusion Over My Favorite Martian - The Complete 3rd Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com
Yeah, I just saw that, too...I'd be curious to know if you actually get a shipping notification.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Firebee said:
Yeah, I just saw that, too...I'd be curious to know if you actually get a shipping notification.
Well it does appear they are going to ship something since the email claims it is packed and ready to go. There is an actual tracking number for the package and it appears valid when I checked it over at UPS. It even has the weight of the package. I copied the email below I received with some personal information removed. If this is someone's idea of a joke at B&N they certainly have me fooled at the moment.
Your order is now packed and ready to leave our warehouse. The details of your order appear below. Within one business day of receiving this email, you may track the delivery status of your order at http:UPS Global Home
When a tracking number is provided, please note that we've assigned it before giving the package to the carrier. Tracking details for your shipment may not be available immediately. Some carriers do not have weekend pick up service, and will not process tracking information until the next business day following the completion of your order. You may need to check the carrier's site periodically for updated information.
For further assistance, please email us at [email protected].
We appreciate your business and look forward to you visiting us again soon at Barnes & Noble.com - Books, Used & Out of Print, Textbooks, Children's Books, DVDs, Music, Toys.
-- Barnes & Noble
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is packed and ready to leave our warehouse:
Shipping Method: UPS Ground (3 business days or less)
Product Description Quantity Ship Date Price
My Favorite Martian: Complete Third Season 1 02-09-2008 $24.94
Sub Total: $24.94
Shipping & Processing: FREE
Tax: $1.93
Total Shipment Price: $26.87
Thank you for using the Barnes & Noble MasterCard. Your rebate will be 5% of the amount charged to your Barnes & Noble MasterCard for this order and will appear as a credit on your credit card statement.-
Carrier: UPS
To speed delivery, we may send your order from different warehouses, in which case more than one package will be shipped to you.
Sales tax varies by state. To find out more, click Barnes & Noble.com - Help Desk: Delivery Times, Shipping Rates, and Tax Information.
Thank you for shopping with us.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Marvin said:
I got one from FYE - an email, that is. But there's no shipment tracking info yet and, so far, they haven't charged my credit card. Also, they no longer list the DVD at their site (though I happened to have a residual link to the page that was listing it and it now says the DVD has been "discontinued".)
Amazon still lists it and gives the wait time as 3-6 weeks, down from 5-8 weeks.
Goodluck with your order. If you get anything or not let us know.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
BrianP said:
Goodluck with your order. If you get anything or not let us know.
I just got it. It's the Umbrella Entertainment one. It's in a thick plastic case (which unfortunately was chipped, presumably during delivery) with the words "Complete Third Series" and "In Full Colour" on top, with a UPC of 3 000000 063545 on the back next to the Umbrella logo.
It's going to be a gift so I haven't opened it. I wouldn't dare return it (due to the chipped side) unless I had a replacement in hand.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Marvin said:
I just got it. It's the Umbrella Entertainment one. It's in a thick plastic case (which unfortunately was chipped, presumably during delivery) with the words "Complete Third Series" and "In Full Colour" on top, with a UPC of 3 000000 063545 on the back next to the Umbrella logo.
It's going to be a gift so I haven't opened it. I wouldn't dare return it (due to the chipped side) unless I had a replacement in hand.
Thanks for the update. I would assume I'll get the same thing. I'll probably have to wait until at least Wednesday until I receive mine. Hopefully it won't have any damage or defects since I would anticipate getting a replacement will not be easy, or impossible if online stores quit listing it for sale. However so far you can still order it at B&N with a 1 to 2 week wait time.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Well, that stinks for those of who sprang for the higher prices being charged for the Umbrella Entertainment sets from Australia that others are getting the same set for far less...oh well...I'm just glad that I have S3 in hand, finally, after Rhino abandoned it. Frankly, after re-watching some S1 episodes, I can't say that the picture and sound quality on the Rhino sets are that bad...I have a Sony Bravia 46-inch LCD TV, after all, and the picture looks fine...and yes, I'm hearing-impaired, but I'm not noticing all sorts of distortion or whatever on the audio including dialogue or special effects. Yes, neither of the S1 or S2 sets seem to have had any extras, at the time, I was just happy to have them in hand (and still am).

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Marvin said:
from what etailor did you get this?

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
If I had known this.. I would told all of you to hold off ordering..

All I can say is to everyone who get one of these sets for this price is getting

a major bargain.

Alot of time and money has gone into these new sets..enjoy.

Best

Chertok TV.

PS. I would order these fast just in case they have limited stocks.

stuincalif

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart Shostak
I am pleased to announce that Peter Greenwood, executive for Jack Chertok Television, will be the guest on my live radio show, "Stu's Show", next Wednesday, February 20th from 4-6 p.m. California time. Peter is going to provide a complete history of "My Favorite Martian", as well as discuss the upcoming remastered DVDs of seasons 1 and 2, along with what will be provided as bonus materials on them. In addition, listeners will be able to call in to the program and ask Peter anything they want about the series, and that includes EVERYTHING you'd like to know about the DVDs, including the recent release of season 3 by Umbrella Entertainment. As an added bonus, actor Wayne Stam, who played Andromeda, Uncle Martin's 11-year-old nephew in that famous season 3 episode will also be on hand live and in person to talk about his experience working on the show with Bill Bixby and Ray Walston.

This all takes place on Shokus Internet Radio at shokusradio.com next Wednesday 2/20 at 4 p.m. California time, with rebroadcasts daily at the same time in case you can't tune in to the live show.

Shokus Internet Radio is "TV on the radio for baby boomers" and features live call-in talk shows with TV celebrities, an interactive game show where you can win prizes, classic stand-up comedy, big band, easy listening, and 50s and 60s golden hits, plus much more!

Listening to the station is free and no registration is required. The station feed will automatically launch when you enter the site or you can select one of the audio players on the main.html page to hear the programs. Mac users can invoke their Itunes software, then click on Radio/Eclectic and locate Shokus Internet Radio alphabetically on the list to tune in!

Stuart Shostak

Host/Program Director

Shokus Internet Radio

wizard55

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
TVshowsondvd posted a new update two days ago about the mystery dvd set.
My Favorite Martian DVD news: Confusion Over My Favorite Martian - The Complete 3rd Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com
It also looks like Umbrella's release of Season One is coming out in March with some nice extras...
Umbrella Entertainment :: Products
-Never before seen footage in Aired Pilot
-Audio Commentary with Ann Marshall on Pilot Episode
-Ann Marshall Interview
-Stills Gallery
-"Sir Charles" - My Favorite Martian Script

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks