What's new

"My Eyes"...it burns, it burns!!! (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
My video store had a early copy of Spider Man, but it was fullscreen. He knew I wanted to see it, he held a copy for me and I'm waiting for the Superbit release, I couldn't hold back. I said it probably won't be that bad. Boy was I wrong. Great movie, I just should have waited one week for the widescreen rental. My punishment for being so anxious.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

"Loosen the straps!"
"I can't take this Full-Frame crap any more, Karras! Look what it's done to my complexion!!"

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Content edited out by admin.
Oh Boy I hope that wasn't so far over the top as to truly offend.:b
Admin replies: If you have to ask, even in jest, then it's wise not to post. The studio reps with whom we have spoken recently have expressed regret that unreasonable posts here are what keep them from participating at HTF.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"Do you like going to the movies, Father? Me, I love to go. But the wife...she's always too tired. Besides, she's pro-P&S. So I'm dumping the old hag!" :)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Well, if the wife didn't give me children she'd be out the door to, since she's a P&S lover too.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Okay...a little off topic, but I just gotta know:
Where is "My Eyes, it burns..it burns" from?
I can remember Phoebe saying it in an episode of Friends....but I'm sure it must be a reference to something else.
Enquiring minds want to know...;)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I recall it from one of the cartoons on Adult Swim I believe, but I'm drawing a blank on which one, but it stuck in my mind and when I saw p & s of Spider Man, it popped in my head. :emoji_thumbsup:

With respect to the quote, I first thought of the Simpsons episode where they were filming the Radioactive Man movie in Springfield...
"The goggles, they do nothing!" :laugh:
Is this it?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
If you have to ask, even in jest, then it's wise not to post. The studio reps with whom we have spoken recently have expressed regret that unreasonable posts here are what keep them from participating at HTF.
I understand, but I didn't actually site any studio by name, and it was (of course) just a joke (My expressing concern that it was pretty "over the top" wasn't a jest by the way, I was more concerned that the language I used might offend, not the remark poking fun at the studios.).
I understand the studios dislike for the extreme tongue lashing's they receive on the net but can they not take a joke at all even when no names are used?

Ned

Supporting Actor
So if we all play nice the studios will come back. Not.

They don't need us anymore, that's why they left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks