What's new

My dream list of topics and guests for a 3rd "I Love The 80s" (Feedback, please!) (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Actually, I know someone who knows a producer for VH1's "I Love the" series, maybe I could send a link here but...

John Lennon's death? The series is pretty lighthearted and they just don't use death or massacres (China) in the series. How could you poke fun at them?

In the original "I Love the 80s", they already covered Queen for 1980.

Another thing I noticed is that the majority of your choices involve movies and not enough about the trends/fads that existed in the decade.

Finally, in keeping with the titles chosen for the 80s series, I would think a 3rd version would be called "Return of I Love the 80s." I know for a fact that they STILL have material left over from the previous 2 shows still laying around.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Hey, Michael, YGM...

Also, I edited Queen out of the 1980 list.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Feed me, Seymour! I need feedback!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Okay, here's a new question to ask...

Do you think I should eliminate some of the more serious subjects from my list? After Michael's suggestion, I've been thinking of doing some pruning.

So, HTF buddies, what do you think about me 86'ing some of the more serious topics?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Also, more suggestions and feedback are welcome!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The Nintendo Entertainment System (1985)has got be included as well, as it was soley responsible for pulling the video game industry up after the crash of 83. They covered the Atari 2600 and Colecovision in I Love the 80s and Playstation in I Love the 90s, so leaving the NES out is a huge oversight.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I tossed in another music topic for 1984 (Face To Face) and added the group's lead singer Laurie Sargent to my dream commentator list.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Anything else from you?

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Some things I remember from the 80's, good or bad, in no partiular order;

Parachute pants; SF earthquake of 87; Statue of Liberty Makeover; "Yankee Rose" by David Lee Roth (which few know is about Lady Liberty), Van Halen breaks up. Van Hagar; Ratt and Poison tour, but nobody put it together (Ratt-Poison). Monsters of Rock!; Bloom County; Calvin and Hobbes; Al Pacino's 'secret room' with Geraldo Rivera; shirt collars turned up; thin ties; A very Brady Christmas; Max Hedroom; Back to the Future ; Fatal Attraction; Bat Man ; Gilligan's Island Reunion Shows; Golden Gate Bridge make-over (and flatening during the re-opening); Bombing Libya in response to terrorist attack; Challenger; Mohawks; The movie 'Stripes' bringing Army clothes into fashion; Smurfs; Robot Ron; Defender; Night Driver; Spy Hunter; "My Body Guard" ; California Coolers; Depeche Mode; Duran Duran; Joshua Tree; Bon Jovi; Heavy Metal; Back Masking; John Lennon; Skylab

OK, thats all I can come up with without hurting my barin.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Most of the topics you listed have already been covered or included in my master list. I'm a little under-the-weather right now, so I'll go over it point-by-point later.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Didn't get any sleep last night and going to bed late tonight.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Just a minor detail, I think the SF earthquake was in October 1989, not 87. The stock market crash, now that was 87 :)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I have another question to ask...

Can anybody help me flesh out the years of 1980 and 1981 with topics? 1982-1989 are totally packed, but 1980 and 1981 are a little lean. All help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

1981 especially.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Okay...

What year would that fit best in?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Due to my age, I spent most of the decade in Mickey Mouse clothing.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Added to the list.

I need more trends and fashions, and 1980 and 1981 still need some more fleshing, so all help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Keep the feedback coming.

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
I’m just turned 20 so I don't even know how this happen but I have had and still do have the biggest crush on Teena Marie. :b

edit: probably should not have admitted that I'll go back to Adriana Lima

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
What about those semi-shiny Addidas exercise outfits that're making a come back now? There was a cheaper version made by a company called TI....mine was in burgundy :emoji_thumbsup:

Anyone mentioned the sweater tied around the neck deal?

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Nothing wrong with admitting a crush on Teena Marie, Marque. She still looks good today.

Also, what years would Adidas suits and sweaters tied around the neck respectively fit into?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Your sweater can be used as a noose if you want.;)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

I'm not sure about the Adidas suits but the sweater thing was all a part of the whole preppy look of the early '80s - probably '81 or '82. The look also included hot pink, long sleeve, collared shirts for men (can't remember the brand) and Top Sider shoes.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
This have to be before 1985, but I remember those band-collared shirts being the rage for a while. Possibly 83/84?

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
The sweaters around the neck have been added.

I'll try and track down the year the Adidas suits fit in.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Ready for more feedback when you are.

Users who are viewing this thread