MY COUSIN RACHEL coming..no Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Andrew Budgell, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    Screen Archives Entertainment is releasing MY COUSIN RACHEL starring Olivia de Havilland and Richard Burton under their Twilight Time series label. It's limited to 3,000 copies like THE EGYPTIAN was. I'm disappointed that it's going to be DVD only...no Blu-ray counterpart. This is one of my favourite films and I would have loved owning it on Blu. Andy [​IMG] http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/16059/MY-COUSIN-RACHEL-1952-PRE-ORDER/

2. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    Whether Twilight Time releases a film in Blu-ray or not will depend on the source material they get from Fox. The transfer for the Egyptian was outstanding, while we all know that the transfer for Violent Saturday was not anamorphic. Twilight Time said at the time that the transfers will depend on what Fox delivers, since they do not have the resources to improve the transfers.

3. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    Thanks, Allen. I wasn't aware of that.

4. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen

But I agree with you and I hope for some more Blu-rays from the Fox Vault. Twilight did an excellent job on The Egyptian.

5. Brisby

Brisby Second Unit

I've owned the magnificent Franz Waxman score to this on CD for the last several years. Too bad I gave up blind buying, because I'd love to see this movie to hear the score in context.