What's new

My Built In (1 Viewer)

John PC

Auditioning
The front panel pulls out, so the entire TV is accessible.

There is no access from the "rear"

There are large "eye screws" on either side of the interior of the front panel. To these screws attaches a tie down strap (adjustable) with hooks. I can access the strap from the DVD panels on the side. The strap goes around the back of the TV, when it is tightend, it pulls the TV and the front panel together, seating it and the TV tight against the front panel. This is the only way I could get a real finished look where there is no space between the front of the TV screen and the wood frame.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
John, nice work buddy!!!:D John, off the subject, but do you live near Omaha? The only reason I ask, is I saw the news broadcast in one on the photos and it looked like the news in our area. Just like to know if there is someone else out in this area with the same passion!!:)

WOW! :emoji_thumbsup: What a nice HT wall. I'm currently planning a dedicated HT room but I would love to do something like that in my family room. Did you design and build it yourself? If so, where do you find the DVD rack?

Congratulations,
Roy

John PC

Auditioning
Thanks all. The pull out DVD racks and the Speaker Baffle or speaker fabric that was used to cover both of the lower SW cabinet and the equipment cabinet was purchased online from Rockler.com. I cannot find the pull out DVD shelves on the website, but I know they have them, they were 12 bucks I think. The speaker baffle cover is expensive but it is neat stuff, it installs like a pane of glass. I also bought these cool speaker panel connectors like you find on speakers that are used to attach the frame of the subwoofer door to the wall. You can see both by going to rockler.com and doing a search for "speaker baffle."

My newest addition is a small brass lock to keep the X box away from the 10 year old when he has not finished his home work.

I designed it with an architect friend. It was loosely based on a design I saw in a home theater magazine.

My next step is a wine cellar, bar that is in an old basement closet next to the family room.

Hey Shawn, I looked over your web site. It looks like a pro job. I like especially liked the article on the acoustic panels. I would like to ask you a few questions after I study the plans.

I will post more photos of the inside of the wall with the cover off and more info if anyone cares.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks