What's new

My budget theater website up "Jones Theater" now open. (1 Viewer)

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice set-up Eric. So, how do you like the Sanyo? I,m thinking front proj. In my future.:emoji_thumbsup:

BrianKR

Second Unit
Fantastic room Eric!:emoji_thumbsup:

Grab some
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif
and enjoy!

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Very impressive! Did you do all the work yourself? That's a LOT of work! I really like how the IB sub is set into the AV closet; excellent use of space. :emoji_thumbsup:

The "fold away" screen is another excellent idea. Is it a painted piece of MDF or is it actual screen material over a frame? It's an idea I hadn't thought of and may steal...er "borrow" when I finally start mine this summer!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wow! That's a great deal. I've got almost $2k in just my Sony Wega TV. I'm impressed you did your whole system for about $3k. :)

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
Your theater is one of a couple of theaters I have been viewing over the years among those of Erik Farstad,Ron Peregrin,Chris Collins, Neil Joseph,and Frank Zimkas ... and also many more ...

For some reason they have this unique quality ... like these are theaters that were put together with love care an thought and not overly extravagant. I guess thats only part of what makes these theaters unique.

I actually reluctantly stopped viewing the your page when you sold your initial system but stopped by to check and "viola" youve moved front projection! GREAT JOB and lots of kudos!

I have the same projector ... had it since last summer but I dont think I have loged anywhere near that amount of time on my projector .... and believe I always try to find an excuse to use it ... Geez how do you guys do it?

Bernie_A

Stunt Coordinator
Mark....your HT is sooo pimp! It's a great use of space. Is that a Futon that doubles as a bed? All I have to say is...bwank-chcka-bwank-bwank.......sweet!

Darren H

Second Unit
Eric, tell me about your equipment rack. I plan on doing something similar in the coming weeks -- cutting into a wall so that I can access the back of the components from another room (in my case, an unfinished storage room in the basement). Did you build the rack or buy it? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Eric M Jones

Second Unit

Not sure if I have any suggestions. Be sure there's no electrical in the wall you're cutting into. I found mine the hard way - ZAP!

For mine I selected a spot between two studs. Built a box for the cabinet out of MDF to fit snugly between the studs. Installed it in the wall and finished it out with a face frame and shelves. Here's a picture of the inside hope it helps.

-EJ

Phaelon

Agent
Nice theater setup. Can you point me to some info on the materials and pattern/design you used for the black-out curtains? I'm presently settgin up a modest hoem theater in the only room available to me - it used to be a sunroom and has three walls that are mostly windows - light control will be a big issue and 95% reduction is about what I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks