What's new

My Bloody Valentine Special Edition Coming From Lionsgate, But... (1 Viewer)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Reportedly, an "uncut" print is in private hands and screened in the U.S. within the last year. Perhaps this could be transferred and cleaned up to provide a complete version.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator

Where exactly was this reported? and if the inserted arm ripping is anything to go by, the extra footage would need colour correcting at the very least, as it had turned reddish in colour.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Mark. As I already stated earlier due to that reel of cut footage being sent out to each country (as confirmed by my good friend who actually worked at Paramount during the time of its release, and was responsible for reinserting the arm ripping for the UK release) it's not impossible that this collector has a complete print.

But I do wish people would stick to the facts and not write their 'hunch' as though it were fact or even misquote facts. This is where misinformation is born.
John Dunning stated he had the trims (between 8-9mins total) in negative form, not a complete print.

Now I read on another forum, he had sold this footage outright, to whom, I've no idea as the post was vague (as is normally the case!), It's possible to Lionsgate. And until their is a change of plan with them, we won't be getting a restored uncut film.

Still, sit tight gentlemen, as a 'Restore My Bloody Valentine' campaign is about to be launched...details to follow.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Are you really that surprised that they aren't restoring it? This release is just designed as a tie-in to the remake so LG isn't looking to spend much money on restoring a movie that a small group of slasher fans are interested in.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Clearly there's enough people out there for LG to bother to put together a 'Special Edition',
What is it with negative nellie cineastes on here!

Unless someone from Lionsgate would care to chime in with the facts, the best WE can all do is take a stab in the dark.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I sent an e-mail to LG asking for an uncut release so I'm not a total pessimist. And I admire your optimism but when their 'special edition' consists of a featurette, an interactive guide and the cut footage, it doesn't seem like the disc's budget is going to allow for what we want.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
If we, the fans don't let them know how many out there are wanting this, then no I don't expect them to budget for a restoration. And that's the beauty of the internet, it crosses borders. And if used in the right way...

We can do our best Travis, We can do our best.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator

James you have just made my day!

I'm guessing 'enough' people contacted LG thanks to the various online campaigns. The power of the internet compels them lol.

Congratulations to EVERYONE who contacted LG.

to_the_9

Auditioning
Real Name
Eliot
Oh my god!!! Although I did send an e-mail to Lionsgate, I have to admit I was 99% positive they wouldn't listen to the fan base, and continue with their plans. Yet here comes this insanely satisfying news! Let's hope nothing goes wrong along the way...

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Enough people did no such thing. I got an e-mail two days ago from the producer of the disc and said that the info spread from LG was simply wrong and that they had been working with the uncut negative the whole time. This producer has worked on other LG special editions (not their horrid P&S stuff ala FRIGHT NIGHT 2).

The check discs are to be mailed out in two weeks with final discs going out around Jan., so we should know for certain very soon.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator

More like a fly in the ointment. What is it with you Michael, your negative Nellie attitude is such a bore.

What a great start to 2009. Now, what's the next horror in need of restoring?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
No but I have had the same source since 2000 and have had countless e-mails exchanged with this DVD producer. I think that makes me more than a fly. Not to mention the fact that I stand by my original statements of what the film producer told me personally in that e-mail. There's no negativity here with the exception of people spreading "source" information when that source is a college kid answering e-mails.

Again, those on the check disc list will have copies in the next week or two so we'll know for certain then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks