What's new

My Band is on Mp3.com (1 Viewer)

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Hey all,

I thought I would let everyone know that three of the tunes that my band plays are now available on Mp3.com. I'd really like to hear your comments (good or bad) about any of the songs that are up. If you'd like to take a listen, type "Redd Shift" in the search box and you'll be taken to the playlist.

Please keep in mind the fact that the songs are from a demo CD we did several months ago, so it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. We didn't spend a lot of time doing it so there are a few rough spots.

Once again, I'd welcome any feedback you guys have so feel free to post any comments.

Thanks and happy listening.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Kevin,

I got to listen to "Broken". Excellent groove! Nice composition and flow with a sort of Ted Nugent style guitar crunch. The mix could use a little work but overall very cool. What instrument do you play?

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Thanks for the kind words John. I too wish we would have had the extra time available to do more with the mix, but unfortunately studio time is very expensive.
Oh I don't really play any instrument, I'm just a drummer. :)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
and one makes three!

3 drummers on this forum... we should do a "how many drummers are there in this forum" poll.

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Actually there was a "how many drummers" poll done a few months ago. As I recall there were about 10 or 15 of us at the time.
Maybe we should try and talk Parker and Ron into opening up a drummers section here at the forum. :)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Kevin ...
Cool songs ... and I like the way you got your drums so upfront in the mix ...
You must love it :)

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
Great songs. I really like them (except for the guitar solo on Broken).

This was the first time I used mp3.com. Maybe I should hang out there a bit and see if there are more unknown but good musicians.

Keep up the good work.

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
You know, I wasn't sure about the guitar solo that Dave wrote for "Broken" at first. But the more times that I heard it, the more it really grew on me. Being that it is so dark and eccentric, I believe that you have to allow yourself some time to become accustomed to it.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I particularly enjoyed the track, Broken. I'm with John, it has an "excellent groove." As an ex-drummer, I am still often drawn into a song via the rhythm section.
Nice work, Kevin. Keep us updated on your band's progress. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nick_G

Stunt Coordinator
john bonner?????? hey didn't you play drums with Led Zeppl....oh wait, that was John Bonham.:D :D :D
fellow drummer here too, though i have pretty much retired from the professional ranks. did it for a long time and now i enjoy being home with my family instead of being on the road. and actually, i don't miss it. though if i hear a great tune or drummer, i think, gee.......

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Thanks for the input fellas. We're pretty happy with what we've done so far. I just wish we had the fundage to go back into the studio and do a real album. I'd especially like to get some of our newer songs down on tape. I guess we'll have to wait 'till one of us wins the lottery or we somehow manage to get a record deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks