What's new

My annoyance with a movie viewer when watchin Cabin Fever (1 Viewer)

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator
I have been in a theater with maybe 2 or 3 seats filled and someone comes in late and feels they have to sit right in front of you. This was before stadium seating took over the area. Had to chuckle about it before moving.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
We had an unruly trio of frat boys (all wearing the same greek jerseys) when my wife and I went to see 28 Days Later. All during the previews, and into the start of the movie they kept doing their best Mystery Science Theater 3000 impressions. And, of course, they were sitting directly in front of us in a mostly full theater. So we had nowhere to move. Finally, one of them yelled out, "Damn, are they gonna keep showing his cock?!"

To which my wife replied, "Are you gonna keep staring at it?"

The theater was pleasant after that. I love my wife, she's the coolest.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

:laugh: If I were in the theater within earshot, I would have laughed out loud.

I'll bet that frat boy's face turned six shades of red. Too bad it was too dark to see. :D

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"For the past few years, whenever I can, I always sit in the back row of the theater"

I always do this. To be able to take everything on the screen in, and also becuase it means less aggravation from people in the theater.

During X-Men2 a guy kept talking. The woman in front of him asked him politely to be quiet and he was being obnoxious about it, telling her to shut up and he didnt have to be quiet if he didnt want to. At the same time, me and 2 other guys stood up and threatened him with bodily harm if he didnt shut up and he didnt make a peep the rest of the flick.

Whenever possible I go to early saturday and sunday screening - it usually means less people.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Is it really as bad as I'm hearing?
Although Kate Beckinsale is terribly nice to look at.
Eh, it's not that bad. I'd say it met my expectations but didn't exceed them. For what it's worth, I liked it more than The Crow or Blade, movies that it's derivative of but that I didn't like :)

Last week I went to see Whale Rider and a man brought a mentally retarded woman to the theater with him. So often times during the film, you'd hear this woman loudly making noises. "Whoooweeeeewaaaaaaahhhhheeeeeeeeheeheeheeuuuuuwaaa aaa..." I didn't have a problem with woman herself but I figure people like that aren't much different from infants: if they aren't mentally prepared to sit in a movie without making noise, the people taking care of them should know that they probably shouldn't be brought to movies. At least not to a regular screening, anyway.

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't read this whole thread, but just want to say she said what I was wanting to say. Who the hell goes around drinking stagnant water in an area where there's some nasty disease?? Those kids were idiots and it's hard to watch a movie like that.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Last week I went to see Whale Rider and a man brought a mentally retarded woman to the theater with him. So often times during the film, you'd hear this woman loudly making noises. "Whoooweeeeewaaaaaaahhhhheeeeeeeeheeheeheeuuuuuwaaa aaa..." I didn't have a problem with woman herself but I figure people like that aren't much different from infants: if they aren't mentally prepared to sit in a movie without making noise, the people taking care of them should know that they probably shouldn't be brought to movies. At least not to a regular screening, anyway.
There was a woman that had to have been "mentally challenged" in the theater when I went to see A Beautiful Mind. Whenever a very dramatic scene took place, she would always cackle or laugh, in a demented sort of way. Ruined the movie for me. The person that brought her should've known better.

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I went to see Underworld this past Friday at a sold out midnight show, and some woman was too cheap to spring for babysitting, bringing her 3 or 4 year old son with her. Remarkably, the kid sat through the entire film without making a peep (he wasn't asleep), leading me to wonder how many other violent films he's been exposed to...

As for strangest behavior in a theater, I think this post from the Mobius Home Video Forum qualifies...

Ughh

Dion C

Stunt Coordinator
Just a word to all the boneheaded, ignorant, arrogant, too-cool-to-be-courteous, cell-phone-yackin', sneering, feet-up-on-the-seat-next-to-me, obnoxious, boorish, unfunny-commentary-contributing, drunk, self-absorbed-this-ain't-no-movie-theater;this-is-my-living-room, "Shut up!," "No, you shut up!", selfish, punk-ass bores that invariably assume that every patron in a movie theater has paid nine bucks to see/hear THEM...

ummm, thanks.

You are not funny. You are not interesting. You are not a film scholar. You are not the center of anyone's world but your own and possibly that of your pathetic, clueless, misguided significant other. You are typical and boring. You are the reason I have significantly cut back on my movie-going (and corresponding dollars spent) and opt instead to watch DVDs in the comfort of my own home.

Keep it up and soon the only people sitting in the theater with you will be people just like you: social parapalegics.

Enjoy!

(Okay, I feel better now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks