my 360 has crapped out!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Keith_R, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hey all, today I went to go play a bit with my 360 and much to my dismay discovered that it has crapped out and is giving me the three red lights of death.

My console was officially a year old on 2/10 and therefore is out of warranty. I've spoken with MS and they have informed me that it will cost me $139.90 + shipping to send it in for repair, even then it is probably more likely that I will end up with a refurb rather than my unit.

I obviously need to do something about it, as I love my X360 but I'm not sure that the repair shop is the best route. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Perhaps a fix that support may not have told me about? My only thought was that I might be able to trade it in with some games and use the credit towards a new one which may be improved over the launch models but I don't know.

As a side note, I also own a Wii and a PS3. My Wii just went into the shop the other day for a busted video card and now my 360. I feel as though I may be cursed.