What's new

My 24 Season Two Cover (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Suffice it to say, I cant friggen' wait to own the second season on DVD and re-watch it (possibly in glorious 5.1). However, in my infant boredom I have decided to guess, based on the few promotional pictures for this season I could find on the web, what the new DVD cover will look like... so here is my guess....

Let me know what you think. Also I'd like to see other people's ideas for the cover. Lets see if anyone can come close to what will be the final product.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Well, seeing as how spoiler covers can happen (see Phone Booth for an example) howabout a
mushroom cloud

on the cover? ;)

John Simon

Second Unit
Very nice! I really hope the real cover is similar, as I think this has a nice mix of the cool digital 24 logo mixed with the character face shot that's similar to the first season. Great work!

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Better yet,

They could have Palmer and Mike on the inner Digi-pack cover. With David wearing a t-shirt reading 'I'm with a Traitor' (the arrow pointing at Mike, of course).

;)

Adam T

Agent
Paul, Great Cover!

I hope the final cover is similar.

How about a picture of Kim on the inside with all the wacko's she's met this season.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I missed the beginning of season 2. I didn't see an episode of season 1, but bought the DVDs based on Ron's review and word-of-mouth. I've kept from watching any repeats of the series because I don't want to miss part of the story. I can't wait for this DVD set. This is one series I will buy without seeing an episode on TV. I don't plan to watch S3 if there is one, since I only dedicate myself to catching all eps of a couple shows (though Buffy is leaving the air as well as Dawson's Creek (don't hate, I've watched every ep since the beginning) so I may have some room on my schedule).

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! Are you sending this to DVD Cover Art when it's officially released? To cut down on pirating,
they don't take stuff before the release anymore.

Ric

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Sweet! Are you sending this to DVD Cover Art when it's officially released?
Hmm, I never thought of doing that. I just sort of did it out of curiosity, to see if I would be close.

However, yeah I guess I could make one for DVD Cover Art. Problem is to find a high res picture of the main Bauer graphics. So I don't know how great the RES would be, but if anyone can help me with that, sure, why not.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Question about the end of season 2. Was the end as sense-shatteringly surprising as the end of season 1? I absolutely loved season one on dvd but didn't see any of season 2 on dvd and was planning on buying the dvd set.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Paul, that's great. Just change the color of the glow for each different season :)

I will say, at least you kept your noggins artistic :)

It's not that i want blank covers, it's just that I want to keep actor's heads off it :) A stopwatch or clockface would probably be cool

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Not that I don't mind the current season one cover of 24, I always thought that just the Digital 24 would be enough... I mean its (in my opinion anyways) the coolest TV show opening ever.

So I agree with ya 100%. However, I was trying to fit the current scheme with my first cover.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Paul,

I don't know how much time that first cover took you, but is it possible you can make just a couple more for fun and post them so we can all see? I love that first cover, man. Great job. I'd truly like to see more of your ideas. Maybe, for more options for you, you can include President Palmer graphics as well as Bauer. Maybe Tony, or to a lesser extent Kate or...ugh, Kim. Maybe even Mason or Mike Novick.

The only small issue I see with that first cover is that Nina may not be that big to the story (or maybe she will be) when the second season is all over and done with. And if she is, it may be kind of spoilerish.

But honestly, all that aside, who cares because that's just great man. Post up more if you get a chance!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'd take Kim on the cover if you get the mountain lion chewing on her :)

I just feel that big actor heads do nothing but clutter up space. I know who's in it, and if I don't, I rarely care. The Episode 1/2 posters are examples of nogginhood, while if you look at the original SW posters, especially Empire, they communicated epic scope without senseless actor placement. And they were painted, not just photos composited in.

A cover should be a piece of art, I'd really love a future Matrix trilogy box to have the slipcase be the shot of Neo's "matrix-vision" from the first movie, and each different film follow the same basic format. While marketing people demand noggins, if you're going to all the trouble to make your own cover art, be artistic, Have it mean something, have it communicate the idea and spirit of the film without looking like thecover of Entertainment Weekly

Joel, check your linen closet :)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
if you're going to all the trouble to make your own cover art, be artistic
Well the point of this was to guess what the cover would look like from FOX. So being ARTISTIC doesn't apply here.

However, if you want me to create what I THINK the 24 cover should look like, I'll do so. Just gimmie 24 hours (tee hee) to think it through and make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks