What's new

My “Pirate Themed Home Theater,” under construction... (1 Viewer)

Dan Hinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Hinson
Greetings!
My wife and I recently moved into a new home in Tennessee, and decided to do something “interesting” for our home theater in the upstairs bonus room.
So here’s my “Pirate Themed Home Theater” I’ve been working on since last October. Pics with my design and progress can be found on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2022441593684.2105847.1023296488&type=1&l=8fa73fcfdb
YouTube videos here:

Still have a good bit to do, but I’m hoping to be (mostly) done by sometime this summer...
My audio/video setup consists of a Samsung 67” DLP HDTV, Axiom "Grand Master" series speakers: two M22s, a VP100 center, four QS8 surrounds, and a EP175 sub, powered by a Pioneer VSX-1020 receiver.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic theme, and I love the windows.
Out of curiosity what do think this will set you back when it is said, and done?
I ask because I would also like to do a theme theater(Victorian era horror like the classic HAMMER films) but I have a feeling that would up my budget by about another $10,000.
Thanks for sharing.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Very cool. I haven't given much thought to the finished design for my theater yet. But this really sets the bar high.

Dan Hinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Hinson
Many thanks for the compliments! The theater is about 95% completed at this point, with a few decorating details left to complete. My audio/video setup consists of a Samsung 67 DLP HDTV, Axiom "Grand Master" series speakers: two M22s, a VP100 center, four QS8 surrounds, and a EP175 sub, powered by a Pioneer VSX-1020 receiver.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
ARRRRRGGHHHH Matey !!!!!!, you done yourself proud. Those are fine lookin' quarters.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Ummm. This is so beyond cool that it rivals the CEDIA awarded HTs.

I can't seem to envision anything other than drywall at the moment. What suggestions would you have, in a general sense as far as decorating goes? Meaning, what can I implement now during the construction phase to ultimately put something in place that equals what you've done?

Dan Hinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Hinson
Slideshow showing the progress and final result of building my own "Pirate Home Theater" in our upstairs bonus room. Construction began in earnest in October 2011, and final details were completed in the Summer of 2013...

Arrr!!!

That is very cool Dan I like it much and specially the setting up private theme gives special attraction to us. I do also believe in special theme for home theater. Thanks for sharing and congrats....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks