What's new

MVP Baseball 2003 Worth a Blind Purchase? (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I am desperately bored and also in need of a good baseball game. I tried to rent MVP, but Blockbuster's copy was scratched to the point of being unreadable (big surprise :angry: ) and Hollywood didn't have it. I was a big fan of Triple Play on the PSX, especially '98 and '99, and am not a big fan of batting cursors. The new pitching system sounds cool as well, my only concern is about the iffy fielding I've read about. Opinions? Advice?

James T

Screenwriter
I'm not sure about the iffy fielding. The fielding is kinda wierd though, since almost every out seems like an adventure(ie. guys diving/leaping for the ball).

The graphics are pretty good. You can see the player's muscles flex as they pitch they throw the ball to home plate. The pitching/throwing interface is pretty good since you control the strength(and at the same time accuracy) of the ball, but it is so simple to get 15 K's in a game even on a difficult playing level. You can pretty much have pin point accuracy for a good 7 innings.

With that said, if you haven't already, get World Series Baseball 2K3. The best baseball game. The player graphics are a step behind MVP, but it's the little details in WSB2K3 that make it a great game.

Todd Durham

Agent
Not sure if you are interested but I would throw out a vote for High Heat 2004. This game is great. It has no batting cursor and the pitcher/batter interface is outstanding. The graphics are a notch below MVP but the realism surpasses all others. You can also tweak it to your liking with the tuning sliders. With this option you can customize each level of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks