MVD Press Release: Bob Dylan & The Band "Down In The Flood"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

2. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

Dedicated Dylan listener here.
    I need to catch up with these unofficial and unauthorized documentaries about Dylan. There are so many of them, I guess because many aspects of his career have not been addressed by the Dylan camp in their documentaries. The unofficial and unauthorized documentaries can be more interesting than the official and authorized ones.

3. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Second Unit

Tom
    Sounds good. I wouldI also recommend the Classic Albums video about making The Band's second album (the brown album). Interviews with all of the Band members except Richard Manuel. Obviously made before Rick Danko passed away but a wonderful illuminating program on their music and the group. Netflix has all the Classic Album on streaming. All of them are good that I've seen.

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'll vouch for the Classic album series as well. even with artists I don't like tend to be very interesting. The Grateful Dead one is for American Beauty but deals with the albums leading up to it as well. A very good documentary.

I'm leery of any of these unauthorized documentaries though. They don't license any music right? I'd love to see performance footage from this period, as opposed to people talking about it with generic public domain filler music playing over top. It's always grating to me.