What's new

MUST BE KINDA CLOSE TO A NEW TT ANNOUNCEMENT... (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
From Sony in 3D:
Mad Magician
3 Stooges shorts Pardon My Backfire and Spooks
Miss Sadie Thompson

From MGM:
Hallelujah Trail 2.76:1, 5.1 DTS

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I know that nice soundtracks are a requirement for TT when it comes time to pick a film to license but have exceptions ever been made? I'd like to see THE EARTHLING get a quality release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
battlebeast said:
THE TURNING POINT, A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS, JUDGEMENT AT NUREMBURG, WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION, BORN YESTERDAY, anything else best picture nominated!
Yes, definitely. There are only 3 post-1960 Oscar-winners still unreleased on Blu-ray, and A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS, arguably the best of them, is one. The other two are TOM JONES and ORDINARY PEOPLE. There are only 12 pre-1960 winners unaccounted for, and due to what must be shaky elements (for YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU, IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT) might be a long time coming.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Dick said:
Yes, definitely. There are only 3 post-1960 Oscar-winners still unreleased on Blu-ray, and A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS, arguably the best of them, is one. The other two are TOM JONES and ORDINARY PEOPLE. There are only 12 pre-1960 winners unaccounted for, and due to what must be shaky elements (for YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU, IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT) might be a long time coming.
Are you talking just Best Picture winners, or nominees as well? If nominees, there are more than 12.

I think I read somewhere that they are working on the Capra titles for Blu Ray. If they can do as good a job as they did on Lady for a Day everything should be fine. I thought the latest version of Take it with you on DVD was fairly good...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Are you talking just Best Picture winners, or nominees as well? If nominees, there are more than 12.

I was zeroing in on winners only. Plenty of great nominees, also.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
battlebeast said:
If they can do as good a job as they did on Lady for a Day everything should be fine.
The Lady for a Day blu-ray is from Inception Media Group and had no association with Sony or TT as far as I know (though it's certainly a fine presentation). I would also like some of the Capra titles, whether via TT, Criterion or Sony themselves it doesn't matter to me.Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Here are my guesses. They hinted at horror also.JULYBORN YESTERDAY1776The FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIXJUGGERNAUTTHE KILLER ELITEALIEN NATIONAUGUSTTHE MISSOURI BREAKSCOMING HOMEPURPLE ROSE OF CAIROLA BAMBAEMPEROR OF THE NORTH POLETENDER IS THE NIGHT

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Brandon Conway said:
The Lady for a Day blu-ray is from Inception Media Group and had no association with Sony or TT as far as I know (though it's certainly a fine presentation). I would also like some of the Capra titles, whether via TT, Criterion or Sony themselves it doesn't matter to me.Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
I knew LADY FOR A DAY wasn't from TT, I was just saying it was a good presentation and if TT could do a good job like that...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
BPullen said:
Here are my guesses. They hinted at horror also.JULYBORN YESTERDAY1776The FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIXJUGGERNAUTTHE KILLER ELITEALIEN NATIONAUGUSTTHE MISSOURI BREAKSCOMING HOMEPURPLE ROSE OF CAIROLA BAMBAEMPEROR OF THE NORTH POLETENDER IS THE NIGHT
JUGGERNAUT would so so awesome! Even the U.K. DVD is non-anamorphic.

Rick Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ricardo
Twilight time has also hinted about INHERIT THE WIND and a Ken Russell title in their facebook page.

Rick Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ricardo
TravisR said:
Wasn't it rumored that they're doing The Blob (1988)?

And maybe after the huge success of Christine, they'll release Vampires.
The Blob is confirmed for october.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
battlebeast said:
THE TURNING POINT, A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS, JUDGEMENT AT NUREMBURG, WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION, BORN YESTERDAY, anything else best picture nominated!
"Judgement at Nuremberg" is coming out on Blu next month in Australia, in Shock Entertainment's "Hollywood Gold" series. From what we've seen in their previous releases it'll most probably be region-free.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rick Z. said:
Twilight time has also hinted about INHERIT THE WIND and a Ken Russell title in their facebook page.
What a great film with some of the best actors of all-time on display.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Keith Cobby said:
Which MGM titles do they have?
There is not a public list. It is assumed any title that is not Horror (Shout seems to have those) or perineal (such as Fiddler, Bond, etc) is fair game for Twilight. But MGM needs to have a HD transfer that is either up to Twilight standards or the elements are the best they will ever be (Bring Me The Head...). That should cut down the list quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks