What's new

Musicland's Replay Website Domain Not Renewed (1 Viewer)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
If you have (or had) a Media Play, Sam Goody, or Suncoast in your area I'm sure you know a ton of them went out of business not too long ago (including all Media Play stores). Originally they were offering refunds for their Replay frequent customer program. After about 7 months of getting the runaround after I asked for my refund, I was told they are not honoring the refunds at all, so I got my Replay account reinstated. But now I find that they didn't renew their site replayrewards.com. It's not looking good for Musicland, nor for members of their $8/year Replay program...

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
I sent them this email yesterday:

To Whom it May Concern,

My Replay membership (account #*****) should be valid until July 2009. However, with Media Play, Suncoast and Sam Goody's demise in my city, I no longer have the opportunity to use my account in the brick-and-mortar stores in which I sometimes shopped. When I called customer service on February 3, 2006, I was offered a refund for remainder of my membership. I was told to expect my refund check in the amount of $25.98 in the mail in mid-May. Well, that date has passed, and I have not received my refund.

I have attempted to access my account on your website, but it does not recognize my account number. "No account number found" is the error message I received.

Please reply and give me the date that I can expect my refund check, as promised in my last phone call to you company.

I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
Steven Good

I recieved this reply:

Steven,

Thank you for contacting Replay regarding your refund.

Because of the recent Chapter 11 Bankruptcy filing by Musicland, it has been purchased by another company the company did not purchase the stores that are currently closed and is not responsible for refunds.

Best Wishes,
Replay Member Services

Lovely grammar, isn't it? I guess that they can't afford to use a lot of periods and capital letters. So, I sent this reply:

Let's try this again:

Replay Rewards was a program for The Musicland Group (which included Musicland, Suncoast, Media Play, On Cue, and Sam Goodys). Yes, some stores (including those in my area) have closed. However, the Musicland Group--in whatever form--still exists; SOMETHING was sold to TWEC. On February 3, 2006, I was told by Replay representatives to expect a refund for the remaider of my membership. However, I have not received a refund, nor do I seem to have a membership anymore; your website does not recognize my account number (*******).

I want the refund that I was promised. Short of that, the very least you can do is reinstate my membership (which should be active until June 2009). Having looked over your website, I don't see that I would actually use the membership in the future, as your online prices typically are not competetive. However, as it stands now, you have kept my money for a membership, yet are not actually providing that membership.

I expect you to promptly resolve this situation.

Replay Reward member # ***** Exp. 6/09
Steven Good

No repsonse yet. I don't really expect one. I won't miss this company...

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
I actually had my Replay membership renewed through 2012 (since I made several big purchases, and with the renewal bonuses I always came out ahead) so my refund was near $50, so I was really miffed when they changed their minds about the refunds, seven months after I requested mine. Anyway, I had a similar e-mail conversation and ended up getting my Replay account reinstated. It does me no good since the nearest store is now 50 miles away (there used to be one just one block away from me) but at least I don't feel like they are keeping all the money I paid for those renewals.

They also told me that, since FYE bought Musicland that there may be Replay benefits with FYE, which is near me. I'm not holding my breath for that, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks