What's new

Music shopping at the pawn shop :) (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
So I was hanging out downtown today and decided to stop and look-around the local pawn shop Re-Sale America. I have a few albums I don't listen too and a RCA subwoofer that has since been replaced by a SVS and needs gettin rid of.

Amongst the bass guitars, and cheap stereo cassette decks from 1985 I happen upon the used CD bin. Collected in a large box, and filed in no particular order are hundreds of CD's, once the pride of someones collection. Now reduced to crap the pawn-shop workers cannot unload because of the MP3 menace. So after a half hour of sifting through empty jewel boxes and CDs so scratched i don't know why they don't throw them away I purchase the following CD's.

Star Wars: Episode Three, Attack of the Clones the soundtrack. Still in the shrinkwarp! The sticker says it has a collectible cover (Get all four!), I got Jangp-Fett. only $2.99 :D

The Best of Santana. $1.99 (a buck ninety-nine! for Santana!) The CD is scratch-free.

Timepieces: the Best of Eric Clapton. This CD-relic is from way back in 1982. the first year I beleive for Cds! It has a strange tape-hiss on it. :confused: A baragin at $2.99 considering it has five singles I'd gladly pay $.99/each at iTunes music store.

Nativity in Black. A tribute to Black Sabbath: when I was in highschool this album was THE shit. it also was hard to find. Now its mine for the asking price of $1.99! . I dont care that it was missing its cover, I keep all my CDs in a 300-disk changer anyway!

All in all it was the best CD-shopping trip i can remember. I'll stop back a few weeks later after their collection has had some time to restock. :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
My only problem with buying from pawn shops is the questionable origins of much of their stock. Unless they have a strict policy for identifying the people selling them goods, most of them are probably stolen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks