What's new

Music in COMMERCIALS - list TITLES here (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
If you know the titles of songs in certain commercials, list 'em here. I know a lot of people would appreciate finally knowing who does what song...
My question: what's the name of the song in the car commercial (I forget which company - maybe Toyota?) where all the women sing along while cruising the town at night?
I know that's a lame description, but what the hey...
------------------
webmaster davisdvd.com
International Exclusives

Mark Lee

Second Unit
I assume you're referring to the Mitsubishi commercial -- the song is "Start the Commotion" by the Wiseguys.
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

David Oliver

Second Unit
CDNow has a whole section on some of the more popular songs in commercials. Just click on the "music beat" link at the top of the front page. (I would post the link but the only one I have has some personal info in it).

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
If you want the ORIGINAL music that was sampled in "Start The Commotion", look up the 60's instrumental surf group, the Ventures. They did an album called "Wild Things". A song they did which is the music for start the commotion is called
Wild and Wooly. There is actually more to the song than what they used in start the commotion.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Does anyone know the song or the artist that plays the music for the acura ad? The one where the guy comes back to his car to find it covered in hand prints and while he is starting up another comes and peers into the window? It is sort of a flamenco guitar over an eltronica type beat a'la ambient type music.
Rich
------------------
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
It took me forever to track this one down on my own. After grooving through endless repeats of NBC's Crossing Jordan promos I finally processed enough of the lyrics in the commercial to find someone who knew the title. The song is "Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
As with a lot of today's advertising, these spots are missing the boat in that we often don't remember what's being advertised (the e-commerce advertisers are particularly bad on that score). But, man, is the music ever good in some of them. One ad has a woman with band singing about "pennies from heaven"--it's such a cool riff. Another one, I think for an automotive advertiser, has another female lead and rock band accompaniment doing a tune that has a killer hook that stays in my head forever. FTD also has a cool song in one of its current ads.
I'm going to start jotting the names of the advertisers down and make a list. I'm hoping some of this is original, prerecorded music that's available commercially.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
I doubt any Americans here will know this...
What's the song in the new Tim Hourtons commercial for Timbits where the father is driving along popping the timbits in his mouth and singing along to the radio. It sounds like Seventies rock to me, but I can't put my finger on it.
Thanks,
Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Most music in commercials is vapid (like that Lenny Kravitz tune in the Nissan (?) ad), but as an old punker/alt-rocker, it floors me to hear The Buzzcocks shilling for Mistubishi, Iggy Pop's "The Passenger" selling Guinness and best of all, the extremely underground '60's band The Monks (a group of GIs stationed in Germany who shaved their heads in a tonsure and wore sack-cloth robes) on an ad for Power Ade. When I heard the beat to "Monk Time" on an ad, I literally fell out of my seat.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
One of my other fav Mits commercials is the song Oh La La by the Faces.
Thinks for the information on the Wiseguys song. I have been looking for that one.
Parker

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know the song on the Honda Civic ad where there are kids sitting in the back, and the boy in the middle inches his knees toward each girl on each side of him?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yep, it's the Buzzcocks. I can't remember which song, though.
And the Honda ad, it's a song from some Italian movie-- I have it on one of the "Beat at Cinecitta" CDs from Crippled Dick/Hot Wax (look 'em up on Amazon-- they're terrific!)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
If it weren't for that VW ad a year or so ago playing "Pink Moon" I never would have had the chance to find such an amazing singer/songwriter as Nick Drake. :)
p.s. I also dig the Mitsu song by T. Rex
Here's the cd that has all the songs we're talking about (almost) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...844144-1917763
Alfer
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks