What's new

Murphy Brown S2? (1 Viewer)

Pavan_P

Second Unit

Yeah, but all those have also done very well in DVD sales. And I guess that's what counts the most in any business.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Thank goodness I recorded the show in it's network run (also did in syndication). Time to pull those out, too. So many great episodes, especially the holiday shows.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yeah, because WB gets cc'd everytime someone clicks the "notify me if anything ever changes" button on Amazon.com.

That "page" is an index "placeholder" for MB that was probably created as soon as season one went on sale, and was just never taken down - not an indication that further seasons are coming. Still less is it some kind of "vote for Murphy Brown page. WB knows perfectly well that there are people who would like to see more MB released on DVD. They also know perfectly well, based on sales of the previous set and probably some market research in the meantime, that there aren't enough of these people to make further releases economically viable. (Especially given the high cost of music rights.)

So it really doesn't matter how many people sign up to be notified of the future MB releases on that Amazon.com ghost page, there still aren't going to be any further releases for Amazon to notify anybody of. Sad, but true. The studios are in business to make money for their shareholders, and they aren't going to deliberately release a product at a loss just to make you and me happy. (They release enough stuff at a loss by accident as it is. :))

Regards,

Joe

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It's bad enough to not get any more seasons on DVD but it's made even worse when you can't properly watch it in syndie. It's edited, of course but Nick @ Nite also has been very bad about putting it on, taking it off, moving it with no notice, pre-empting it and for awhile were actually airing it a few minutes off schedule making it difficult to Tivo it properly without losing the first few minutes. All around, very bad treatment for a classic show.

Although for the record the show jumped the shark after the 4th season. It was a shadow of itself after that even with the eventual addition the divine Lily Tomlin and the inspired Paul Reubens.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
The only way to get WB to put out season 2 is if more people buy season 1. Those are the only numbers that they are going to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks