Murderball

Discussion in 'Movies' started by BridgetJZ, Jul 11, 2005.

1. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

When I first saw the trailer for this, I was interested, but after seeing the trailer and the first 8 minutes, i gotta say that I can't wait to see it.

I know that a few of you have already seen it, does the trailer give an accurate depiction of the film's tone?

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Lead Actor

I will be seeing it this week, where can i watch the trailer?

3. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

You can watch the trailer at http://www.murderballmovie.com/. It doesn't come out in Dallas for another week or two, but I'm really wanting to see this film.

4. BrettB

BrettB Producer

The trailer is at apple as well. The first 8 minutes is at AOL.

Bridget, the trailer does a pretty good job of indicating the tone of the film. What I don't like about the trailer is that it downplays the rivalry between Zupan and Soares which is a big part of the film. I think someone from MTV must have put the trailer together with 15 yr. old girls in mind.

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

6. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

Thank you for posting that.

I agree that the trailer does a good job of setting up the tone of the film. I loved the first 8 minutes on moviefone. This is something that prior to seeing the trailer, I was completely unaware even existed.

Vince - Did you watch the trailer?? What did you think?

7. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

What an excellent film! I really enjoyed the realism portrayed in the film that humanized these players and showed what heart and determination can help you accomplish, as well as the emotional devastation that often happens when the world as you knew it is suddenly no more. This better be up for an Oscar!

PS to mods: I posted here because the "2005 Alternative Film Thread" lists many, many films, and while it is indexed, the reviews for "Murderball" were written before the film was released to the general public.