What's new

Muppet Show defects...?? (1 Viewer)

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
I recently got The Best of the Muppet Show: Peter Sellers, et al. from Netflix. Has anyone else had a problem with it or any of the other volumes? I was watching several scenes from it & the playback would stop suddenly & revert back to the main menu.

Also, any other threads on this? Did a search but there were too many results to look thru...

I got a bit concerned (IE, panicky) when this happened right after the copy of Sunset Blvd (also from Nflix) stopped playing too. That seemed to be a typical scratch or gouge problem & I've seen those many times before.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

And also one of the "Best Ofs" contains an unedited version of an episode that was edited in the season 1 set. (Or so I've read. I haven't actually seen it myself.)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Two things, it could be a player error. Did you try it on a different player?

Or, as you mentioned, since it is a rental disc, it could be scratched up.

I don't believe there were many complaints on that set. I had a couple volumes and they played fine.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
[rant]GOT IT!![/rant] Turns out that choosing a particular scene from an episode allows only that scene to play, then it automatically takes you back to the main menu. Also, the way the show was edited made it seem like the scene was getting cut off.

Strange, never heard of that sort of thing before.

Reminder: this is for the Best of the Muppet show only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks