What's new

MTV's The State on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
So finally here is some news from the official State website www.the-state.com Heres the update

STATE DVD *UPDATE* AUGUST 1, 2004
Finally, at long last, the members of The State are working in conjunction with MTV Home Video to make the ultimate, REAL, DVD collection of The State. We going back to the original master tapes and loading it with great extras too, including commentary, interviews, unaired material, etc. Save your money! Stop buying bootlegs! We don't know when exactly this new DVD will be released. *update 4/14/04: it looks like we've finally broken through 95% of the red tape on The State DVD. Deals are being closed as we speak and we hope to have a release date for you soon. **update 8/1/04 Apparently there have been some regime changes and more unexpected legal delays, but MTV tells us the project is still alive and they want to release the DVD in the next six months. As always as soon as they tell us something, we'll tell you.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I made a post about this & I just noticed that Jean D posted about this. Well, it is great news that MTV is bring this show on DVD.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'll believe it when I hear a release date from MTV. How many updates have been posted to their website in the past few years?

Gord

Thanks to the TVShowsonDVD website, we can resurrect this thread! Looks like The State is actually going to be released this time, according to a trailer posted on David Wain's MySpace. Here's a link to the blog entry:

blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=35163686&blogID=289425020

If you watch the trailer, there's a picture of the box art... and seeing some of those sketches made me love the show all over again.

And reading the comments, one of the commenters mentioned just having finished the audio masters.

A guy can hope, right? After all the false starts, I'm still pretty guarded.

Josh

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I bet that trailer winds up on the soon-to-be-released "South Park" season 10 and "Upright Citizens Brigade" season 2 DVD's.

Just went to the State's site, and this message was up there, dated 11/1/07:

* * * NOTE (Nov 1, 2007): We are sorry to report The State DVD is now NOT being released this fall. We worked closely with MTV to make a great DVD set with lots of extras for the show, and the DVDs are completed, but they has chosen not to release the set at this time. We don't know why.

It's the worst knowing that the DVDs are out there and done, but that we can't get them. I hope it'll come out soon...

Josh

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
That's odd.

I know an ad on another DVD is no guarantee that it will be released but that trailer was eventually officially released on the "Sarah Silverman Program" DVD.

I think it'll still come out. We all knew it wasn't coming out this fall a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks