What's new

MTV's Teen Wolf (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
I enjoy the original movie, even though it is terrible. I always liked Stiles, but TV Stiles is far superior. I wouldn't mind a scene where he confronts his dad about what he "saw" when he drank the fear serum at the party, but I think we know his fears are groundless. He took the loss of his job without putting it on Stiles, and he was extremely proud of Stiles in the lacrosse game. Sometimes you can't see things that are obvious to those on the outside.
Yeah, I don't think that dream was really about his father blaming him for what happened to his mother; I think he blames himself, and the vision or whatever you want to call it externalized that blame as his father.
Scott's mom's acceptance was a little abrupt. I don't think I could been held aloft by a lizard man and just show up at a game like things are basically normal.
I could buy her being there better than Lydia being there, acting like nothing happened. It makes me wonder if all of the memories of what Peter did to her went bye-bye once he was resurrected.
So, Monday is the last of the season?
Yup. Next season will have double the number of episodes, however.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I honestly didn't see Scott being the one to make the long term, strategic play so that was a nice surprise. Fun season. I was kind of hoping they'd kill off Jackson.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm hoping he and Lydia come out the other side more bearable people. She was much prettier this episode without her constant bitchface. Sucks for Stiles. I was a little worried that he'd be the surprise death after the hero exchange, but it turns out that were sly with "one of the main cast will die!" Yeah, for a moment. Two moments.
So, off-camera, Gerard told Scott his plan? Otherwise, how'd he know he wanted the bite? It was set up that Scott could smell the cancer, so maybe he just figured it out. I'm sure we'll see him again. I really expected Allison's dad to shoot him. Speaking of her, as far as we know, she still doesn't know what her mother was doing when she got infected. I doubt if it would come from Scott, as he'd want to protect her from bad thoughts about her dead mother, and it would probably come across as throwing her mother under the bus to win back Allison's good graces.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
I'm hoping he and Lydia come out the other side more bearable people. She was much prettier this episode without her constant bitchface. Sucks for Stiles. I was a little worried that he'd be the surprise death after the hero exchange, but it turns out that were sly with "one of the main cast will die!" Yeah, for a moment. Two moments.
The thing about Lydia is there are other aspects of her character to play. She's a bitch, but she's genius smart and she's immune to magic. There's places to take her character. What does Jackson bring to the table other than being a spoiled douche who serves as an obstacle for Jackson? His blue eyes when he wolfed out hinted that he has werewolves in his bloodline, but that's pretty much all he contributes.
So, off-camera, Gerard told Scott his plan? Otherwise, how'd he know he wanted the bite? It was set up that Scott could smell the cancer, so maybe he just figured it out.
When Gerard threatened Scott's mom outside the hospital, Scott smelled that he was dying (even though we didn't know he Scott could smell death at the time). Over the season, he saw Gerard popping those pills repeatedly like Mad Eye Mooney sucking from his flask in Goblet of Fire and put two-and-two together with the pills. The beauty of Scott's plan is that he didn't have to be right; the mountain ash wouldn't have any effect if Gerard didn't go for the bite. This way, his bases were covered. Either a bitten Gerard would be killed by the mountain ash in the pills he was taking, or the cancer would kill him sooner or later. A long game, short game kind of a thing. I do wonder if the veterinarian put the idea in Scott's head, because it seems a little bit too devious for him to come up with on his own.
I'm sure we'll see him again.
Me too. Much like comics, unless you see the body (and sometimes even if you do) assume the character's really alive.
Speaking of her, as far as we know, she still doesn't know what her mother was doing when she got infected. I doubt if it would come from Scott, as he'd want to protect her from bad thoughts about her dead mother, and it would probably come across as throwing her mother under the bus to win back Allison's good graces.
Yeah, Scott's not going to say anything. If he was going to, it would have been in that warehouse or during the breakup scene at the end. As long as she's not trying to kill Derek or Derek's pack, Scott's a happy camper. He doesn't blame Allison for what her mom did, so he's content to let sleeping dogs lie. Nothing like seeking your grandfather revealed as a raging psychopath to take the urgency out of your bloodlust, I guess.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm glad they didn't cheat by showing Jackson being completely tender during the key flashback. He was more gentle than he usually is, but he still seemed less invested than Lydia. "It's just a key, not a ring." But, maybe the purification by light will make him a changed man. It's almost a cheat that he ends up getting what he wants, but maybe Scott will help him track down information on his parents (if any of that is still up in the air) and he'll become an ally.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/312052/mtvs-teen-wolf/30#post_3961963
I honestly didn't see Scott being the one to make the long term, strategic play so that was a nice surprise. Fun season.

Me either, as I finally got around to watching the rest of this season's episodes. I would have expected Chris to kill his own father off.

It was interesting to see the coach get a little emotional, as oppose to the crazy, eccentric guy that we normally see.

This season was fun to watch, though I was hoping for a fight between Johnny Cage and Reptile.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Teen Wolf Movie Coming To Paramount+ In 2022

As part of a multi-year deal with creator Jeff Davis, fans can also dig into a new Wolf Pack series and live-action Æon Flux reimagining.

Raise a hand if you’re ready to be thrown to the wolves. Again.

On Sept. 24, MTV Entertainment Studios announced a partnership with creator/writer/producer Jeff Davis that will result in a horde of exciting new projects for Paramount+, including a Teen Wolf movie, which Davis is set to write and executive produce.

(Yes, talks are already underway with the original cast!)

SUBSCRIBE NOW: Sign Up For Paramount+

As part of the deal, Davis will also serve as showrunner and writer of Wolf Pack, an all-new series based on Edo Van Belkom’s beloved books. Plus, Davis will act as showrunner and director for the pilot of the previously announced live-action reboot of Æon Flux, the iconic MTV series that centered around one of the first anime female superheroes.

And if that wasn’t enough to sink your teeth into, starting in December, the entire 100-episode library of Teen Wolf will be available to stream on Paramount+ in key global markets.
Until then, here are more juicy details to satiate your appetite:

TEEN WOLF MOVIE: A full moon rises in Beacon Hills, and with it a terrifying evil has emerged. The wolves are howling once again, calling for the return of Banshees, Werecoyotes, Hellhounds, Kitsunes, and every other shapeshifter in the night. But only a Werewolf like Scott McCall, no longer a teenager yet still an Alpha, can gather both new allies and reunite trusted friends to fight back against what could be the most powerful and deadliest enemy they’ve ever faced.

WOLF PACK: Based on the book series by Edo Van Belkom, Wolf Pack follows a teenage boy and girl whose lives are changed forever when a California wildfire awakens a terrifying supernatural creature and drives it to attack a highway traffic jam beneath the burning hills. Wounded in the chaos, the boy and girl are inexplicably drawn to each other and to two other teenagers who were adopted sixteen years earlier by a park ranger after another mysterious wildfire. As the full moon rises, all four teens come together to unravel the secret that connects them—the bite and blood of a werewolf.

ÆON FLUX: Set in a post-apocalyptic near future where countries no longer exist, reduced to Spartan like city-states locked in perpetual war, where children are turned into lethal soldiers and every citizen carries a gun, one young woman rises up to rebel against her Orwellian government as she becomes the hero known as Æon Flux.

STREAM: All episodes of Æon Flux now on Paramount+

Stay tuned for more information on the Teen Wolf movie, Wolf Pack, and Æon Flux, all of which are coming soon to Paramount+.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw this at Deadline, too. Might be enough to get me to at least take a trial membership with P+ at some point. Loved the series, and the other show Wolf Pack sounds interesting.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Saw this at Deadline, too. Might be enough to get me to at least take a trial membership with P+ at some point. Loved the series, and the other show Wolf Pack sounds interesting.
I loved the show too.

I'm curious as to whether "Wolf Pack" will be set in the same universe as "Teen Wolf". The books being adapted aren't, but given that they're both about teenage werewolves (and given that they have the same showrunner) it would make a certain amount of sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks